We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to dive?

Oslo, Norway
4 posts
Save Topic
Where to dive?

Hello everybody!

I'm a Norwegian diver who's going to Australia for diving in December and January. I wish to do a week of diving on one of the islands east of Australia.

I'm going alone and i do not wish a "touristy" place.Do anyone have any tips about where to go?

In advance, thank you very much for any reply.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to dive?

Malo lava

Samoa is definitely not a 'touristy' place. There is some good diving there too. There's a great diving operation on the island of Savai'i, run by a couple who are very experienced and who have been there quite a while.

There are also places to dive on 'Upolu, at Sinalei Resort and at Aggie's resort. There is also Aqua Samoa. Best to do some google searches on those and see what you can find!

Best of luck - Samoa is very beautiful, I am sure you would enjoy it.

Fa soifua

Tina

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland
Level Contributor
13,144 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to dive?

Kia Orana. Consider the Cook Islands also - Aitutaki in particular. Most beautiful lagoon in the Pacific. Excellent diving sites on reef, and in shallower lagoon.

Frequent daily flights Air NZ & Pacific Blue NZ-Rarotonga, and regular daily flights Air Rarotonga to Aitutaki.

Great range of accommodation & well-priced self-catering accomm. from $30NZ night. Island nights at resorts a "must see". Aitutaki is non-touristy, very attractive small island, safe, very friendly people -all speak English. Hire scooter $20 day, easy access to all scenic sites. Good infrastructure on island.

View Cook Islands Forum - Aitutaki for more information. Ka kite

3. Re: Where to dive?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 04:20