We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on how to organise accomodation when in Samoa

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on how to organise accomodation when in Samoa

Hi

I fly to Samoa in 2 days. There are 3 adults and a toddler.

We are staying in a hotel in Apia for the first 2 nights, then we are going to Aggie Grey's Resort for 2 days.After that we have no plans. I have found it hard to book things myself over the internet so I have decided to organise things when we get there. We will have 4 nights with no accomodation booked.

Any suggestions on where a central place to go is to book accom? e.g a tourist bureau?

Thanks in advance!

Amy

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on how to organise accomodation when in Samoa

Malo lava

It really depends on what sort of place you want to stay at. The Tourist Bureau in town will want to know what sort of place you want.

Do you want beach? Town? Resort? Also, it's probably nice to stay put for a while, much easier than traipsing around with a toddler.

Down on the south coast there are some lovely places, but some of them don't take kids under 12 yrs, so be aware of that.

I think it's easier to book over the net myself ... tell me what sort of place you want and maybe I can make some recommendations?

Fa soifua

Tina

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on how to organise accomodation when in Samoa

Thanks Tina.

I am interested in staying at a beautiful beach, which is suitable for a 3 year old. I like relaxed, bohemian types of places, where it is quite communal and people sit around, talking and enjoying each others company.

Any suggestions?

Amy

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on how to organise accomodation when in Samoa

There are many beautiful beaches along the south coast, but the accommodation is mainly in beach fales. I guess it depends on how good your three year old is with people, noise and communal living!

Most of the beach fales are very basic, with shower and toilet blocks away from the living areas. Taufua Beach Fales (on Lalomanu Beach) does have a few fales with shower and toilet inside, if you are keen on that.

But if you think your three year old can handle it, I recommend the open fales. Go online and google up some of the beach fale properties and have a look. There is Taufua Beach Fales, Litia Sini Beach Fales, Fao Fao Beach Fales. Taufua has the best food (in my opinion!) and they also have two fia fia nights per week (Wed and Sat). Also, the beach is very safe for a toddler - no huge waves. The snorkelling is also nice from the shore - no need to go out in a boat.

Fa soifua

Tinz

AUSTRALIA
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on how to organise accomodation when in Samoa

Hi,

Question?

Can you easily get accommodation when you get there, or should i book ahead. Its so hard to book over the internet as i don't want to use my credit card. can i book it here but pay for it when i get over there? or can i book and pay when i get over there?

Kind Regards,

Alicia

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Advice on how to organise accomodation when in Samoa

It totally depends on what time of year you go. You should be fine to just book it when you get there if you are going any time from now.

However, if you were going June / July / August, I would recommend to book in advance.

AUSTRALIA
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Advice on how to organise accomodation when in Samoa

i'm going in february, is that fine? i dont want to be stuck with nothing when i get there

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Advice on how to organise accomodation when in Samoa

February should be fine. It's not a very busy time of year really for travellers, as it's right in the middle of the wet season! However, the wet season was very late this year, so you may very well get a dry February. Very hard to tell :o)

Even if it's pretty rainy you are still bound to get some lovely days, so don't let that put you off. It's also known to be a bit windy (cyclones) that time of year, but that's also never guaranteed!

Sydney
14 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Advice on how to organise accomodation when in Samoa

Hey aimbabe!

If you are wanting to stay in hotels in Apia, then booking would be a good idea. If you want to stay at the busy tourist spots on the south east coast of Upolu, booking would be a good idea.

Seeing you are already staying at some touristy type places it would be worth spending your last 4 nights off the beaten track.

Savaii or Manono island would be good options and booking is not essential. These islands are quieter than the Upolu but are extremly beautiful. Staying there for us felt like a true Samoan experience.

Cheers,

Paul.

9. Re: Advice on how to organise accomodation when in Samoa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 13:16
Get answers to your questions about Samoa
Recent Conversations