We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to spend last night in Samoa with a 1.20am departure

NEW ZEALAND
11 posts
Save Topic
Where to spend last night in Samoa with a 1.20am departure

My wife and I are heading to Samoa for 10 nights in November. We have bood 4 nights at the Savaai Lagoon Resort and 5 nights at Litia Sini Resort. We still need to book accomodation for ur last nights stay. We have a 1.20am flight so will need to be close to the airport. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to stay. Whats the airport hotel like? And also what is available in terms of transport to the airport at that time in the morning? We have hird a car for the duration of our trip but I was planning on returning this the day prior to our departure.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to spend last night in Samoa with a 1.20am departure

Malo lava!

You can probably just get a transfer straight from Litia Sini's, leaving at around 10pm. That's what we usually do. Takes about 2 hours to get to the airport from there if you go via Apia, as the south coast road still has roadworks and is not advisable. A transfer will be about WST$180.

Otherwise, just stay at the Airport Lodge. It's cheap and clean and basic, and 5 mins from the airport.

Enjoy your holiday ... if you are at Litia's after 17 November, we might see you :o) We'll be next door at Taufua.

Fa soifua

Tina

NEW ZEALAND
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to spend last night in Samoa with a 1.20am departure

Thanks Tina. I think we might go for the airport hotel. Will get an extra couple of hours sleep then. We will be at Litia Sini from the 19th so will most likely see you. Cant wait!

australia
Level Contributor
179 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to spend last night in Samoa with a 1.20am departure

I have just come back from Samoa and would stay at Aggie Greys Lagoon Resort it is a 5 minute drive to the airport.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to spend last night in Samoa with a 1.20am departure

The only thing with Aggie's, is that for the sake of a night's sleep it is about four times more expensive than the Airport Lodge! I guess that's okay if money is no object :o)

NEW ZEALAND
11 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to spend last night in Samoa with a 1.20am departure

Im with you there Tina. Hardly worth spending a few hundred dollars on a few hours sleep. Im sure Aggies is nice but the family resort thing is not really our scene. Is there anything in particular you reccomend we take with us on our holiday Tina? I was thinking in therms of insect reppelent, sunscreen etc or any other items that might come in good use?

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to spend last night in Samoa with a 1.20am departure

Definitely take your sunscreen from NZ, and also remember to take a good mozzie repellent (preferably something with DEET in it) as there is currently an outbreak of dengue. Believe me, you don't want that!

Having said that, Lalomanu Beach doesn't really have a huge problem with mozzies. We've never encountered huge issues with them.

We always take the small bottles of hand sanitiser too, comes in very handy to keep your hands clean. Living in fales can get a bit grubby :o)

Apart from that, your snorkelling gear and a good book (or three) and you will be all set! And remember to leave your books behind for me ... ;o)

southern california
Level Contributor
63 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to spend last night in Samoa with a 1.20am departure

I had a midnight flight when I left and just hung out at Aggies by the aiport all afternoon & evening.

I didn't have a room there but they held my bags for me in a luggage room... Got to hang out and eat at their restaurants, walk the grounds, go in their pool, talk to their employees, drink at their bar and they called a taxi for me to get to the airport.

it worked out great.

NEW ZEALAND
11 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to spend last night in Samoa with a 1.20am departure

Thanks for the advice Shakas. Thats something well worth considering. I think we will just leave that last night open and then take it as it comes. Cheers.

9. Re: Where to spend last night in Samoa with a 1.20am departure

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 13:16