We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 weeks in samoa, our holiday review !

kurrajong
Destination Expert
for Samoa
Level Contributor
850 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
3 weeks in samoa, our holiday review !

we have just returned from our 4th trip to samoa, we are a family of 2 adults with 2 teenagers and we travelled for 2 weeks with our friends and there 19mth old baby.

the surprise of our holiday was staying at a new place called - manumea.(CHECK OUT REVIEW AND PHOTOS) it's a 12 room hotel. it is just out of apia ( about 5 minutes and up near the robert L stevenson place) it was amazing, so clean great food, friendly staff, it was reasonable priced we paid about $400tala for the 4 of us, our friends paid $300tala double.

stayed 3 days each place

we hired a mini bus form discovery rentals, and had no problems with them, the bus costs us $225 tala a day.

next placed we stayed at was virgin cove, last year we all stayed here and it was our favaourite. but since then they have made a few changes, selcluded fales have a double bed ( instead of mattress on floor) no kids under 12 allowed (management alowed us to stay as we were returning guests, and we booked out the 3 end selcluded fales, so the bby wouldn't disturb anyone ( but they have since built a beach bungalow up there !) the prices have gone up, but the main problem is the food, is was terrible!! we paid $125 tala per person ( so for us family of 4 $500tala a night!)

next stop Sa'Moana resort, we all loved this place, the room was door type and all us us in together, great beach , great food, kayaking, swmming pool. we all had a ball.

the guys went fishing a few times with different fishing charters during our stay - the black pearl at salani resrot and troppos'

we then cauaghat the ferry to savaii.

we we got off we drove to agnora bay ( had lunch and swim ) very pretty place, then we saw the blow holes and AFU waterfall 9 totally amazing and worth a stop for a swim.

we stayed at le lagoto resort , we booked a bungalow ($260USD/ night for the 4 of us) and our friends stayed in the upastairs apartment ($90 USD/ night for 2) it was old and very small , but did have small ensuite and air/con.

our room here was beautiful, the beach here is great and there is a whaterhole right out the frount . we went out with dive savii on a snorkleling trip and got to snorkle at 3 sites and even snorkelled with a turtle , loved it!!!

we were all very disapointed with the food, for the price we expected better. we stayed here 4 nights and for 2 nights we drove 45minutes to a suifagag resort and ate there, delicious and much cheaper.

the other problem we had was as all accomodation was pre paid, we paid for our meals /drinks as we went. and at the end they tried to charge us again!!! we weren't happy, since talking to a few people (owners of other resorts ) they have heard of similar things happening to other guests, as you are never given a receipt . amnagement eventually sorted things out, but is was a shame to end on. so be careful and ask for recipts as the money isn;t reaching the till !!!

then the ferry back to upolo and back to manuea for a night ( our friends left the next day) and we went on to litia sini beach fales at lalamono beach, i love this place cheap, best beach, so relaxed. we all had a great time ($90 tala per person a night with breaky and dinner).

for lunch one day we went to boomerangs resort and had lobster $55tala so good. also went to the ocean trench, great amazing place.

then we stayed at seabreeze for 3 nights. lovley clean rooms, nice hammocks in fales to relax on , the beach here isn;t the best, but you can kayak to a nice beach, great snorklling. and amazing food!!

a discovery here was if you want a great beach , 5 minute dive and go to vavau beach, this place is amazing !!! aparently the fales here a run down as a big resort chain the warrick are going to build a resort here.

we got lots of souviners form the markets and a place called plantation house, they have lovely made printed giftware/ bedding/ teatowels etc.

then back to maunmea and then sadly home !!!!

we all love samoa so much, and are looking forward to next year.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 weeks in samoa, our holiday review !

Malo!!

Sounds like you had a great trip - I hope the weather was good for you. Interesting to read about your experiences, I am disappointed to hear that the food at Le Lagoto wasn't up to scratch too. It is such a beautiful resort, and before they did it up (about three years ago) it had some of the best food on Savai'i, plus huge jugs of cocktails to die for at about WST$20 per jug. Shame to hear it wasn't so good.

Dive Savai'i are great, aren't they! Glad you enjoyed your snorkelling with them :o)

I'm glad you liked Seabreeze - Wendy is a lovely host and the bar and restaurant there are awesome. The rooms are lovely too, and great value for the price.

Yep it's sad that the Warwick is going to build a huge resort out that way, but there are a lot of changes currently in the Aleipata district. There is also a huge port being built about 5 mins drive from Lalomanu - you might have seen it. I don't know WHAT that is going to be like! I'll check it out when we are up there next month. My jury is still out on that!

Fa soifua

Tina

Mentioned in this post
Le Lagoto Resort & Spa
Le Lagoto Resort & Spa
437 Reviews
Savai'i, Samoa
Seabreeze Resort
Seabreeze Resort
434 Reviews
Upolu, Samoa
Lalomanu
Lalomanu
Upolu, Samoa
2. Re: 3 weeks in samoa, our holiday review !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 02:19