We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which fales would be best with a baby and child?

Wellington
11 posts
Save Topic
Which fales would be best with a baby and child?

Hi, we are heading to Samoa for 10 nights in mid-March. Plan to split our time between Upolu and Savaaii and rent a car.

I've heard good things about Lalomanu Beach and Manase and would like to go there. Are the fale places there suitable for a baby/toddler? He is pretty adaptable but we would need a fale that two adults and the two young kids could share. I was also wondering if it was really noisy at night (young backpackers or mixed family crowd?) The kids will just want to hang out on the beach and swim and potter about. They aren't fussy.

Could someone recommend a particular place or two at Lalomanu and Manase. Also, we might stay in Apia for a night or two?

Many thanks!

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which fales would be best with a baby and child?

Malo lava!

Taufua Beach Fales at Lalomanu have an absolute beach front fale with solid walls and a lockable door, and a huge big deck. It has a gate across the front so your toddler would not be able to get down the stairs - this might be a good fale for you. The cost for this fale is around $200 per night for all of you, plus that includes breakfasts and dinners. An open fale is around $70 per person so it's not much more. But you would need to book this fale in advance, and make sure you tell them you want the one with the gate - it's fale number 5.

Alternatively, any of the open or semi enclosed fales would be okay with kids, as long as you watch them. The proprietors there are well used to kids and welcome them.

Same goes for the fales at Manase, kids will always be welcome and as long as you watch them, it will be fine! You will enjoy it, as will they. All the fales up at Manase are very similar, and all on the same stretch of beach. All lovely, but Tanu's is the one that had rave reviews from everyone I spoke to when I was living up in Samoa for two months over Christmas and New Year.

Enjoy your holiday :o)

kurrajong
Destination Expert
for Samoa
Level Contributor
835 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which fales would be best with a baby and child?

hi we have travelled to samoa with our kids over the yrs various ages and our friends baby 9mth and then 18mths

we stay at lalamono at litia's in the beach front fales with fans. and all the times it had been at family vibe. the fales are big enough ( just) to fit a double mattress (remember they are onthe floor) a single for the toddler and porta cot. the fales have little verahdahs , great for kids to get out of the sun ( or rain!) they have a little table and chairs

My boys ( who can be fussy eaters) think the food here is great. it's all buffet style so heaps of choices.

they also have a pool table and ping pong table.

in town if you want a treat ( but reasonablly priced) look up manumea. honestly this place is amaizing, and it has a little pool,. the owners go out of there way to make you at home. we LOVE it here. but you need a car as it's 5 minutes out of town ( which is nice as it's not as hot as it's up the hill slightly) no beach, but pool ans fantastic view of the ocean. the rooms here are so good, and spacious and clean and new , and then there is the bathroom's OMG!!! ( you can check out my review if you want )

it savaii, have you thought of savaii lagoon. basic rooms, (no air con) reasonalbe prices and beautiful beach.

the fales are fine for kids , but most don't have walls so do! so you have to watch out as the beach is just at your door step.

the beaches in samoa are perfect for kids ( and adults too!) as they are surrounded by reefs so no waves, and the most beautiful water.

we always pack a few treats from home for the kids.

have fun with you plans, the kids will love it here,

sue

Wellington
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Which fales would be best with a baby and child?

Thank you both for you great answers. They are very helpful and reall give me a good idea. I can't wait to go to Samoa in a few weeks time!

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which fales would be best with a baby and child?

Oh and I forgot to say ... the beachfront fale I was talking about at Taufua (with the big deck and baby gate etc), that one has a double bed in it, rather than mattresses on the floor. They will just pop some mattresses on the floor for the kids though. Kids 4 years and under are free of charge.

Fa soifua!

Tina

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
3,865 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which fales would be best with a baby and child?

Malo ShinnyB

Apart from the fantastic advice the others have given you, I'd just suggest an alternative to Manumea if you want to spend a day or so in Apia.

Aggies Greys is only a 10 min walk or very brief and cheap taxi ride into town. As a matter of fact taxi's are cheap to go anywhere so you really don't need to hire a car just for Apia. Kid's always have fun at Aggies and they have a children's menu as well. It's a lovely little piece of history for adults too.

There are a couple of other hotels in Apia but I really wouldn't recommend them with kids.

Hope you have a wonderful time.

Fa soifua

Deb

Wellington
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Which fales would be best with a baby and child?

Many thanks, that is great advice. Do you mean Aggie Greys hotel or the resort? Or either?

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
3,865 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which fales would be best with a baby and child?

Sorry, I meant the hotel as it is right in the middle of Apia. The resort is on the way to Savaii, 5 mins from the airport but can take over an hour from Apia. The resort has a great kids club though if you wanted some time to yourselves.

Wellington
11 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Which fales would be best with a baby and child?

Hi there, just about to book the family fale at Taufua and had a thought - does it have a fan? If not, would I be better off at Litia Sini's because someone suggested they had fans in the enclose fales? Does it even matter in March?

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
3,865 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which fales would be best with a baby and child?

Malo lava Shinny

I'd stick with the Taufua family fale, I'm pretty sure it does have a fan, if not one is usually not too far away. I really wouldn't change at this late date you will love Taufua. You can always email them at taufuabeach@samoa.ws and confirm the fan.

Hope this helps

Have a wonderful time

Fa soifua

Deb

Wellington
11 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Which fales would be best with a baby and child?

Many thanks. That's what I'll do!