We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lalomanu transfer

England
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Lalomanu transfer

Hi I am new to this but hope someone might know the answer to this.

I am arriving in Samoa on the 26th of July at about 8 in the evening. I am travelling alone and would like to travel down to Lalomanu the same day. I have got a quote from Litia Sini for the transfer and they have said $190. Does that sound right and if so are there any other options? Is there a bus that runs there at that time or do you think it is likely that there will be other people doing the same journey?

If anyone can help I would appreciate it it.

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lalomanu transfer

Malo lava travellingclare

I would imagine that there would be other people travelling to Lalomanu at that time of year but the quote for the transfer sounds a little high. A taxi at that time of night would be around $150 tala (which really isn't that much in pounds).

There are airport shuttle services, however they only run between Faleolo Airport and hotels in Apia.

Tina should be able to advise you more on the price of the transfer.

Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.

Have a wonderful time.

Fa soifua

Deb

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lalomanu transfer

Malo lava

I would expect that you would pay between $90 tala and $140 tala for a taxi to take you there. $190 seems very over the top. I assume you are staying at Litia Sini?

I would get a taxi and be prepared to pay around $120 tala which is still only about 25 quid for what is a 1.5 hour taxi ride.

Enjoy your stay!

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lalomanu transfer

Sorry, I forgot to say that it wouldn't be possible for you to get a bus at that time of day.

Buses to Lalomanu run only from Apia, and there are about 3 or 4 a day. The last ones leaves town (Apia) at around 3.30pm. You would still need to get to Apia from Mulifanua (which is where the airport is) and that is a 45 min journey on its own.

Taxi is definitely the best option for you. When you arrive at the airport there will be plenty of taxis waiting, so just pick someone and agree on a price. You'll be away in no time.

Fa soifua

Tina

England
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Lalomanu transfer

Thank you both for the information, it has been really helpfull. I will pick up a taxi at the airport as suggested. Really excited now, thanks again.

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lalomanu transfer

Have a wonderful time Clare. I hope that Samoa truly captures your heart as it has done us. Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions before you leave.

Tofa soifua

Deb

6. Re: Lalomanu transfer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2009, 06:16