We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mossie repellant - buying in NZ

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Topic
Mossie repellant - buying in NZ

Where in NZ can you get it? I've tried supermarket, warehouse etc - only stuff i can find is cancer society sunblock with insect repellant. Does taking vitamin b actually keep them from biting? I hate damn things so wana minimise their influence on the holiday as much as possible! cheers!

nz
Destination Expert
for Norfolk Island, Noosaville, Rarotonga
Level Contributor
5,720 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mossie repellant - buying in NZ

Hi

It's certainly available year round in Auckland supermarkets. Maybe not in The Warehouse as much of their stuff tends to be seasonal.

Try your local pharmacies - I'd be very surprised if they didn't stock several types.

Vitamin B? Have heard arguments for and against. I stick with repellant as the little buggers love me.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mossie repellant - buying in NZ

Malo brenrox

I bought some Bushman from my local pharmacy - works a treat! You can get it in roll on or spray - I just got the roll on. There are a few diff types available at our local supermarket too.

Definitely take it with you tho, as it can be hard to get it up there.

Cheers

Tina

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
46 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mossie repellant - buying in NZ

My local Unichem Pharmacy sells a few varieties of insect repellant , also a product called STINGOZ which my husband ( who gets bitten well and truly) swears by.... it worked a treat for him last year in Rarotonga, so we are taking it with us when we leave for Samoa on Thursday.

I take Vit B12, so have no need of anything extra.

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mossie repellant - buying in NZ

Malo brenrox

As the others have said, check your pharmacy.

Most pharmacies and supermarkets in Apia sell it, along with mozzie coils which I find a must for my husband who is a mozzie magnet.

I need to have large Vitamin B doses daily and a mega injection every month and not a mozzie comes near me. If you've got a few weeks before you go get some Mega B - they hate it, apparently the body exudes a smell as the result of B and it's a smell that mozzies hate.

Have a wonderful time.

Fa soifua

Deb

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Mossie repellant - buying in NZ

How much is that mega b stuff? I'm a magnet to them aswell so I'm willing to try anything and everything lol. Im going on monday, so 6 days

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mossie repellant - buying in NZ

Malo lava brenrox

You really need about 2 weeks on Mega B in order for there to be sufficient in your system.

It's worth a go though, but take the repellant and coils with you too. In Australia you can get a months work for around $13 in pharmacies and supermarkets.

Hope you have a fantastic time, don't forget to let us know all about your trip when you come back.

Fa soifua

Deb

7. Re: Mossie repellant - buying in NZ

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 December 2009, 07:18