We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best route to take?

New Zealand
Level Contributor
20 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Best route to take?

Hi

We are travelling in August to Samoa. We have received the Jasons map and brochure of Samoa, the map is great! Just a question though, we are travelling from Apia to Lalomanu beach by hire car and was wondering the best most scenic route to take? I was looking at the 'Le Mafa Pass' route which is described as a scenic inland route with wonderful views of everywhere, which include a few stop-offs along the way..Is this generally the route that most tourists take to go from north to south?

Thanks!

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best route to take?

Malo lava - welcome to the Samoa forums :o)

The route through Le Mafa takes you over the top of the hills. It's a great way to go ... and am sure you will end up seeing the other way as well, via the coast :o)

It's all good really, and it's only a 1.5 hour (max) drive from Apia to Lalomanu - but of course a bit longer with stops :o)

You will most likely want to stop all along the way and explore. Expect to pay fees to swim at beaches or to see waterfalls, as all these things are on privately owned land. Some places may offer you a guide if there is a long walk to take, or a legend to tell. Up to you if you take these options.

For any other questions - please ask away! That's what we're here for.

Fa soifua!

Tina

New Zealand
Level Contributor
20 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best route to take?

Lovely thanks! We will do Le Mafa Pass going down and drive back up the coast to catch the ferry to Savaii...Thanks!

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best route to take?

Malo fo'i

You will drive along the south coast to catch the ferry to Savai'i - it leaves from Mulifanua near the airport, rather than from Apia.

Just thought I should mention that in case you thought it left from Apia. We had some people staying in January who made that mistake :o)

Manuia le aso!

Tina :o)

4. Re: Best route to take?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 December 2009, 06:18