We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking Accommodation Advice

Wellington, New...
6 posts
Save Topic
Booking Accommodation Advice

Hi,

Me again, we are heading do Samoa in December and am wondering what the best way to book accommodation is. Does anyone have any feedback on http://www.samoa-hotels.ws/? They seem to have rates a bit cheaper than some of the prices I've had direct from the places but just want to ensure that they are accurate?

Also, does anyone know if there are many accommodation specials around this time, we are travelleing Dec 2nd-13th 2010

Cheers

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
3,867 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking Accommodation Advice

Malo lava

There have been occasions when people have booked with samoa_hotels, had their bookings confirmed only to arrive at their destination to find there is no record of the booking. It doesn't happen all the time but it has happened. Their prices are lower because they charge the accommodations a fee to process the bookings. The site itself though has a good range of accommodations. I prefer to book direct.

Being low season in December there are usually "walk in" specials, ie no need to book just turn up. If you'd rather have the security of a confirmed booking though just email them, let them know that you're arriving in December and see what they come back with. Some places in Samoa do not vary their stated prices from season to season though so sometimes it's best just to turn up.

Hope this helps. Feel free to ask if you have any further questions.

Manuia le po (have a good evening)

Deb

kurrajong
Destination Expert
for Samoa
Level Contributor
835 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking Accommodation Advice

malo

I have only ever booked directly with each place ( via emials - yes sometimes you have to be patience, which is hard i know when your so excited about the holiday! and sometimes maybe ever resend the email if you have had no response.

if you notice a price difference i would just mention this in the email, and i am sure most places would sort something out.

enjoy making your holiday plans

sue

3. Re: Booking Accommodation Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2011, 07:09