We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Upolu or Savaii - or both?

Australia
Level Contributor
387 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Upolu or Savaii - or both?

Please can someone advise me the difference between the two islands? We are looking for accommodation and want beachfront, away from big crowds, great food, beaches and snorkelling. Would like to experience Samoan hospitality and see a few sights.

Have two weeks. Should we stay at both islands? What do they each offer? Thanks...Babz

kurrajong
Destination Expert
for Samoa
Level Contributor
835 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Upolu or Savaii - or both?

Hi

you have picked the perfect place - beach frount accomodation, no crowds food, fantatic beaches and snorkelling.

i think you should have time to experince both islands in 2 weeks.

are you keen for fale style accomodation ( very basic hut with mattress on the floor and mozzie net, usally placed right on the beach !) or more traditional style with rooms, ensuites, etc?

they are both stunning islands with great natural sites to see and experince, they both have waterfalls and wonderful beaches.

samoa has a very relaxing slower pace ( which is perfect for a relaxing holiday!) and savaii is even more traditiaonal and laid back.! I love both islands . you have to catch a ferry to get between the 2 islands which only takes just over an hour but if are are bringing a hire car on the ferry with you , then you have to arrive an hour before the departure time, so a good part of your day is taken up. You can fly between the islands ( which i havent done yet, maybe next time!! would be an amazing view!)

hope this helps

sue

Australia
Level Contributor
387 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Upolu or Savaii - or both?

Hi Sue

Have sent you a PM...regards...babz

3. Re: Upolu or Savaii - or both?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2011, 06:17