We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sa'Moana Resort - Family Fales

Sunshine Coast, Qld
Level Contributor
367 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Sa'Moana Resort - Family Fales

Can anyone tell me if the family fales at SaMoana resort have an outdoor bathroom. I know this is a fickle question but we are hoping to stay at one resort and would like to experience this. My husband is pretty keen to stay at SaMoana because he is intending to do a bit of surfing. I know that some of the fales definitely have the outdoor shower, but it isn't specified on the website which ones. Thanks in advance....

kurrajong
Destination Expert
for Samoa
Level Contributor
843 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sa'Moana Resort - Family Fales

hi

the rooms at SaMoana have either inside basic bathrooms toilet (pit/ composting) in a seperate room - these are in the bigger dorm style rooms.

The other rooms have a lovely outdoor style bathroom and flusing toilets ( much nicer!!)

its a lovely resort

and they have great activites for surfers and non surfers.

we have also always enjoyed the food there and they have a grat cultural night.

sue

BC, Canada
Level Contributor
144 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sa'Moana Resort - Family Fales

The 'frangipani fales', 2 side-by-side fales with a shared deck in between definitely have the outdoor showers with the lava rock walls around. The actual toilet is inside. They were planning to add the outdoor showers to other fales, at the time we were there I believe there was only one other, and it was the large fale (may have been the family fale) next to the restaurant.

You can email to ask them at booksamoana@ipasifika.net.

Auckland
Level Contributor
39 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sa'Moana Resort - Family Fales

Hi I have just received a quote to stay in a family fale at Samoana in late October of $560/night for 5 nights. 2 adults and 3 kids under 9. Im not sure if i am right in thinking that is hugely expensive. Is it?????????.

Or is the norm now for a "resort" stay anywhere in Samoa.

kurrajong
Destination Expert
for Samoa
Level Contributor
843 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sa'Moana Resort - Family Fales

WOW thats expensive, it is lovely BUT !!

also the family fale (unless they have renovated) dose not have the lovely outdoor style bathroom, instead it has a compositing toilet, and then a seperate small shower.

I think from memory once kids are over a certain age, they are charged the same ( or very similar) to adult prices. I remember when we stayed 2 adults and 2 kids ( ages 14&16) we paid AROUND $100 AUD per person per night. It was lovely and we all enjoyed our stay, but that did not include dinner, only breakfast ( which was a lovely breakfast!)

For that prices its over $1000 tala a night, you could look at some other options which will be cheaper -

Here are some other places that the kids would enjoy, have a look at litia sini's resort, LeUaine resort, Manumea ( they have the outdoor bathrooms you want to experince, even though its just out of town, so not on a beach, its lovely to spend a night or two here) , Lavasa resort, coconuts, seabreeze (opening in june/july) , savaii - lelagoto resort, savaii lagoon, Suifaga.

Re surfing, i know coconuts take people out, in savaii there is aganoa fales that take people out surfing.

hope this helps

sue

when are you planning to go?

Edited: 18 April 2011, 01:06
Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
4,050 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sa'Moana Resort - Family Fales

Malo lava

Is that 560 in $NZ or tala? If it's tala it's a great price for that amount of people but if it's $ that's way out of whack for what is virtually low tourist season.

Try Sue's suggestions and also have a look at jasons.com/samoa for all types of accommodation.

Let us know how you go

Manuia le aso

Deb

kurrajong
Destination Expert
for Samoa
Level Contributor
843 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sa'Moana Resort - Family Fales

Oops I just assumed it wasn't tala - what currency is it ?

Auckland
Level Contributor
39 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sa'Moana Resort - Family Fales

Just checked again and it was $520 Aus per night for the family fale. Thats

$693 NZ per night. Forgive me but that is daylight robbery!!!

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
4,050 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sa'Moana Resort - Family Fales

Malo lava

As I said before, that's way out of whack for a resort like Samoana in low season. As Sue suggested, look elsewhere, I'm sure you'll find somewhere cheaper and just as lovely. As well as sue's suggestions and jasons also try samoa-hotels.ws

Let us know how you go - good luck.

Fa soifua

Deb

Sunshine Coast, Qld
Level Contributor
367 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sa'Moana Resort - Family Fales

We have confirmed accomodation for 3 nights and have booked two seperate fales in mid September. The accomodation is expensive (especially when you think the quote is in tala and it is in US dollars - oops- that was a huge blow out) however we can justify the cost as the resort looks lovely, the boys can't wait to surf and, let's face it, it will be REALLY nice to have a fale to ourselves away from our teenagers for a few nights!

We have also confirmed accomodation at Taumesina Hideaway for the first 2 nights, 2 nights at Taufua in open fales, 2 nights at Lusia's lagoon resort, 3 nights at Jane's fales and the last night at Le Vasa. We have one night up our sleeve which we want to leave open and are going to investigate staying in the banyan tree at the end of the canopy walk. Has anyone ever done this? I would love feedback if you have.

As you can see we are going to spread our money around and experience a lot of different styles of accomodation.

kurrajong
Destination Expert
for Samoa
Level Contributor
843 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sa'Moana Resort - Family Fales

sounds great

we also paid the full price and stayed 3 nights a few years ago ( and justified like your self, its lovely)

I think you have chosen wisely with the seperate (but linking) fale, as these ones have the lovely outdoor spacious bathrooms, As the other bathrooms in my opoinion are very poor (espcically when you are paying such high prices)

You will have a great time and have booked some amazing places (and all types of accomodation styles)

How old are the boys? when we stayed ( we have stayed there 3 times, over a few yrs) and our teenages LOVE this place, its very relaxed, has food they like, amazing pool, pool and table tennis tables, then theres the surfing and great snorkelling, even after the tsuanmi the reef here is still colourful and dosent appear to have suffered much damage on the reef. there also are kayaks ( free for guests) and they offer wonderful tours / day trips - such as kayaking with turtles, trips to the ocean trench, so they make a big effort to cater for non surfers.

another thing i love about this place is they have hammmocks dotted around the gorgeous resort grounds

I think i only thing i dont like, apart from the cost, is the toilets in the bigger fales, they were planning to do up the other bathrooms, honestly the difference between the 2 styles of bathrooms is huge!, and the prices is the same each room, as they generally work on a per person charge.

anyway

wishing you and your family a wonderful holiday

sue

Edited: 19 April 2011, 07:46
Get answers to your questions about Samoa
Recent Conversations