We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Duty free allowance for Samoa

New Plymouth NZ
Level Contributor
3 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Duty free allowance for Samoa

With the limit of 1 litre of spirits per person what is the situation if one wishes to take in an extra bottle of liquor. Is this permitted or would it be confiscated.?

Australia
Level Contributor
97 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Duty free allowance for Samoa

It could possibly be confiscated. Spirits are quite cheap in Apia. If you go to a shop called Le Well you will find the prices very reasonable (compared to Aussie prices anyway).

Mentioned in this post
Apia
Apia
Upolu, Samoa
Sydney
Level Contributor
354 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Duty free allowance for Samoa

I always take two bottles. I declare it on my entry card and go thru the goods to declare lane. I also don't put it inside a bag that advertises DUTY FREE anywhere on the bag. I have never had a bottle confiscated. I have had to pay the tax ONCE which equated to 30Tala which back then was 14.6AUD. Every other time(I travel to Samoa 4 times a year and have been doing so the past 5 yrs) they have just waived me through. Just make sure you have enough samoan tala to pay the tax if they do ask.

Mentioned in this post
Samoa
Samoa
South Pacific
3. Re: Duty free allowance for Samoa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2012, 06:19