We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time zone change for Samoa in 2012???

Albany, Australia
Level Contributor
65 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
Time zone change for Samoa in 2012???

Hi

Can someone confirm if Samoa will be changing time zones in 2012 (or late 2011) and moving to the same side of the International Date line as Australia and New Zealand?

That is, is Samoa going from a standard time zone of GMT -11 hours to a new standard time zone of GMT +13hours

If so, I will need to alter my hotel bookings by a day :-(

Thanks in advance

Mentioned in this post
Samoa
Samoa
South Pacific
Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Time zone change for Samoa in 2012???

Malo le soifua

Yes that's correct. I'm not sure what the actual date will be, but there may be updated info about the change closer to the end of this year. I'm sure there will be more in the press about it as the time draws near!

radionz.co.nz/news/world/74625/samoa-to-chan…

Cheers

Tina

Auckland
Level Contributor
156 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Time zone change for Samoa in 2012???

The date change will be the the 29th December. There will be no 29th December of 2011.

In other words Samoa will jump to the 30th December. Your accommodation provider should be aware of this. It would pay to check what date they have you booked for.

Mentioned in this post
Samoa
Samoa
South Pacific
Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Time zone change for Samoa in 2012???

the date change will be on the 29th December 2011, there will be no 30th.

Auckland
Level Contributor
156 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Time zone change for Samoa in 2012???

My apologies.

The date change is on the 29th and jumps to the 31st. There will be no 30th.

5. Re: Time zone change for Samoa in 2012???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 10:27