We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transport in samoa

Auckland Region...
3 posts
Save Topic
Public transport in samoa

Hey people, help required.

I have just booked a romantic weekend away tos seabreeze resort (btw thanks for all the advice in regards to possible resort.)

I am wondering wheather there are public transport on the island for us to travel from seabreeze to town, either bus, taxi or hotel shuttle?

I was hoping that we don't have to hire a car to travel, but from talking to other, that might be the only option.

Thanks

kurrajong
Destination Expert
for Samoa
Level Contributor
835 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public transport in samoa

there is public transport ! have you seen the buses ? they are an experince espically if your not in a hurry.

there are taxi's and i'm sure you can ask wendy or chris to organaise this for you.

what a great choice in accomodation! you will love seabreeze.

heres a little movie i made of our holiday to seabreeze

http://youtu.be/ss-4GJqhQ7Q

wishing you a wonderful romantic relaxing stay

sue

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Public transport in samoa

Malo

A taxi would be faster than a bus and more comfortable! Are you only staying in Samoa for the weekend? In that case, you will probably want to spend it all at Seabreeze. Remember that nearly everything in town closes at midday on Saturday, and hardly anything is open on Sunday.

Fa soifua

Tina

Auckland Region...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Public transport in samoa

Thanks for your reply.

Sasa- that's an awesome video,I am really looking forward to seabreeze now since checking out your photo.

Tina- does the market closes at mid day on sat as well? I am only staying the weekend there, hoping to check out the markets on sat. And some hiking on Sunday

Wha do you think

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Public transport in samoa

Yes, most of the market stalls shut up shop at midday on Sat. Nothing much ever happens on Sat arvo or Sunday . Saturday arvo is spent preparing for Sunday's feasts and for Church, as no work is allowed to be done on Sunday (apart from the actual cooking, of course!).

Most villages don't allow locals to even swim on Sunday, and at most beaches, you won't be able to surf on Sundays. Rules differ slightly from village to village. Tourists are still able to swim on Sundays though in most places. Remember though that all coastal land and beaches are privately owned land, and you will be asked for a fee before you swim at a beach or maybe even for hiking on someone's land. This usually isn't much, maybe $5 or $10 tala.

Fa soifua

Tina

Auckland Region...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Public transport in samoa

Thanks Tina , does the opening hours of the market change during Easter?

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Public transport in samoa

If anything, it would be shut more days! Samoa is a very religious country, and they will no doubt be at Church for much of Easter, and there will be public holidays.

It's not very commercial :o)

7. Re: Public transport in samoa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2013, 10:24