We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Savaii Lagoon Resort or Le Legato

Sydney
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Savaii Lagoon Resort or Le Legato

Hi,

We are a family of five with three young children. We are trying to decide whether to stay at Savaii Lagoon Resort or Le Legato (in one of their two bedroom apartments). I have emailed both and yet to hear back on availability but wondering if anyone has any thoughts as to which is better for young kids. I know that Le Legato has a pool.

Cheers,

kurrajong
Destination Expert
for Samoa
Level Contributor
835 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Savaii Lagoon Resort or Le Legato

hi i have stayed at both

the 2 bedroom apart at lelagoto is nice, older decor then the other lelagoto rooms, and no air con, but fans.

both have kitchens.

even if you stay at savaii lagoon, it seems that some people still have a swim at lelagoto, you can also go there for meals and drinks etc.

they are both on the same beach, which is an amazing beach

here is a little movie of our holiday at savaii lagoon, they also have a photos on there face book page, if your on face book.

http://youtu.be/-IWlcjInkPE

i personally prefer savaii lagoon , the staff and the managers are incredible, the food is very fresh and it has a wonderful "feel" about it.

the only suggestion i would give if you choose lelagoto ( which is lovely as well) is dont pay as you go and just sign and keep all your meal drink reciepts they get you to sign, but a few people have had issues and confusion when they paid some etc .

any other questions

just ask. i also have room photos of the 2 bedroom apart if you want.

sue

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
3,814 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Savaii Lagoon Resort or Le Legato

Malo lava

I agree with Sue, I'd choose Savaii Lagoon over Le Lagoto, you are able to use the pool there from Savaii Lagoon, it's literally 20 metres away. Savaii Lagoon have amazingly large rooms with cooking facilities if you need them and the food is amazing and you can also dine on the beach. It's a great little beach and very safe for the kids, they'll have a ball. As Sue said you can do a bit of "resort hopping" as well and eat at the restaurant at Le Lagoto or maybe even wander the short distance to Manase Beach which is where all the fale accommodation is, have a meal, a cocktail, a swim or snorkel or just chill and watch this wonderful paradise go by.

When are you going? It's unusual that you haven't heard back, particularly from Savaii Lagoon as they are meticulous about communications. If you haven't received a reply soon please let me know and I'll get in touch with the owners for you.

Whichever you decide on have a wonderful time, Samoa is a truly beautiful country with wonderful, happy people and a very unique culture. Any more questions just fire away. Are you only visiting Savaii?

Manuia le aso

Deb

Auckland
Level Contributor
147 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Savaii Lagoon Resort or Le Legato

Hi Deb,

I contacted the reservations manager for Savaii Lagoon and she told me that the enquiry came in at the weekend to which she replied on Sunday

All should be well :-).

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
3,814 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Savaii Lagoon Resort or Le Legato

Tai tele dayslong. Thanks for the info. How are you?

Manuia le aso

Deb

Sydney
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Savaii Lagoon Resort or Le Legato

Thanks so much for your replies, I did receive a response from them which was very helpful.

Cheers, Kate

3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Savaii Lagoon Resort or Le Legato

Hey.me and.my gf are going for s holiday at eiths savaai lagoon resort or legato r the key differences between the 2 which 1 has the nicer arms?

3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Savaii Lagoon Resort or Le Legato

Hey.me and.my gf are going for s holiday at eitha savaai lagoon resort or legato wat r the key differences between the 2 which 1 has the nicer rooms

3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Savaii Lagoon Resort or Le Legato

Hey.me and.my gf are going for s holiday at eiths savaai lagoon resort or legato r the key differences between the 2 which 1 has the nicer arms?

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
3,814 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Savaii Lagoon Resort or Le Legato

Malo lava Mark

I think Savaii Lagoon have the much nicer, larger and modern rooms, the staff ar wonderful, the food great and you only have to walk a few metres to a wonderful beach. They also have a glass bottom boat which is fantastic for exploring all the marine life around the area.

As mentioned previously there is an agreement between Savaii Lagoon and Le Lagoto that you can eat at either restaurant (both have great food) and you can have the use of the pool at Le Lagoto. The biggest difference is that Le Lagoto is a lot more touristy and Savaii Lagoon a lot more romantic.

Hope this helps

Deb

10. Re: Savaii Lagoon Resort or Le Legato

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2014, 06:18