We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A few random questions!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
510 posts
Save Topic
A few random questions!

Hi everyone,

Just booked an 11 night trip to Samoa for June (woo hoo!) and had a couple of quick questions if anyone can help?

1. We are arranging a car through Samoana rental cars who have advised they can arrange the car ferry tickets to Savaii for 80 tala each way. Does that include tickets for two people also? I think I remember reading somewhere the ticket only covers the driver? If so, can we purchase an additional ticket just before we board or should we do this in advance? We will have one full day and night on Upolu before heading to Savaii.

2. Can anyone recommend any traditional tattoo artists on either island? Have found some info on Sulu'ape - are there any others on the islands?

Thanks for any replies!

kurrajong
Destination Expert
for Samoa
Level Contributor
843 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A few random questions!

hi miss elle

re the ferry tickets, that will only include the drivers return tickets, so you will have to buy a ticket, at the wharf just go to the ticket booth and purchase a ticket. just get this before you get on, you will normally have to be there for the car about hour before, so you will have plenty of time to wander over to get a ticket. they are cheap ( but cant remember the actual price)

not sure about the tatoo artist.

enjoy your holiday

sue

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
510 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: A few random questions!

Thanks for the reply Sue, sounds easy enough!

kurrajong
Destination Expert
for Samoa
Level Contributor
843 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A few random questions!

it really is, i usually make sure i have a few smaller notes, so i am not fumbling with large amounts of cash in the busy line for tickets ( also feel more comfortable not flashing cash around, samoans work hard but have low wages)

you will usually approached by kids selling things while waiting for the ferry (this place and right in town is the only place i feel harassed to buy things) but i usually buy a few things then polielty say no thanks in samoan is

"leai Fa'afetai"

sue

Kawerau, New Zealand
Level Contributor
512 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A few random questions!

one way one adult on the ferry has been 12 tala the last few years I have travelled, so should be close to that .

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: A few random questions!

Yes thats correct, it only includes the drivers return ticket. I suggest you arrive at the ferry terminal an hour early before to get your rental car in the queue while you go and purchase your ticket. Its still $12 per person. Samoana Rental are definitely good with arrangements as I have used them before when I was in Samoa in July 2012. Enjoy your holiday :-)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
510 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: A few random questions!

Thank you so much for the replies and suggestions everyone! Much appreciated :)

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
4,050 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A few random questions!

Malo lava Miss Elle

There is a good tattoo artist in the lane next to the Magik Cinema in Apia which is just around the corner from the Department of Immigration which is in central Apia. They are professional whereas anyone you would find on Savaii would be very random.

Have you googled Tattoo Artists in Apia? There are quite a few I just can't remember the names.

Hope this helps

Manuia le aso

Deb

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
510 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: A few random questions!

Thanks Deb, we'll be sure to check them out.

I have googled but not much comes up besides Urban Village tattoo in Apia and information on Sulu'ape.

That's fine though - if there are a few around, I'm sure we'll come across a good studio during our adventures :)

9. Re: A few random questions!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2014, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Samoa
Recent Conversations