We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

current exchange rate in samoa, for aussie dollar

kurrajong
Destination Expert
for Samoa
Level Contributor
837 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
current exchange rate in samoa, for aussie dollar

hi we fly over in 2 weeks time and just wondering if anyone knows the current exchange rate in samoa for AUD. i have heard that it is at 7 year low

thanks sue

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: current exchange rate in samoa, for aussie dollar

Malo Sue

The final countdown, phew that was a long one!!

We were getting 2.35+ three weeks ago but I just checked gocurrency.com and it says 2.19 so, yeah, pretty much what it was about 7 years ago (gocurrency is traditionally a little high too). Also, in case you don't know, Samoan banks are charging a fee for using an overseas card at an ATM, I was OK because I'm with Westpac and have an account here and in Samoa but Ian was using his Commonwealth card and was charged 15SAT for each withdrawal on top of what the bank charges here, rip off!!! It's cheaper to carry cash I suppose if you feel safe doing it.

Who knows, it might bounce back before you go, fingers crossed.

If I don't talk to you in the meantime, have a blast and manuia le aso fanau (happy birthday)

Alofas

Deb

Sydney
Level Contributor
354 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: current exchange rate in samoa, for aussie dollar

Hi Sue,

2 weeks ago we were getting $2.30SAT. Western Union is currently saying AUD is only worth $2.18SAT, the USD is worth $2.22SAT. There is the possibility that ANZ/Westpac will offer slightly higher rates.

I've heard predictions that the AUD could drop below $0.90USD. Hopefully that doesnt happen until AFTER we've returned from Samoa.( 4 weeks to go yay!)

L.

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: current exchange rate in samoa, for aussie dollar

It's dropped from US1.04 to US0.98 pretty quickly L so you're probably right, we may only get SAT2 but at least we're still getting double. a bonus on some other currencies.

Deb

4. Re: current exchange rate in samoa, for aussie dollar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2014, 06:18