We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Faleolo International Airport Opening hours

Texas
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Faleolo International Airport Opening hours

We are arriving on a Tuesday night at 9.30pm. We are getting the ferry Wednesday morning so I was wondering can you sleep at the airport. Can't afford to get a room for a few hours.

Kawerau, New Zealand
Level Contributor
492 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Faleolo International Airport Opening hours

The airport is open with a concrete floor and plastic seats.

I dont think it woud close because there are a number of flights coming and going over night but I dont think you would actually get any sleep- or find any where to sit comfortably.

There is a cheap place close by called Transit Motel, the prices start at 50 tala (about 30 nzd) which i think would be a good option.

I have slept in a few airports but I wouldnt bother in Faleolo, a tiring, uncomfortable start to a nice holiday.

check out the transit motel and if you want to see photos of the airport check out my facebook page- aba samoa.

Auckland
Level Contributor
147 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Faleolo International Airport Opening hours

Hi kenny8493,

I would suggest that you take a taxi to the ferry terminal. There are several long benches at that terminal where you can lie down and sleep. It will not be too comfortable but it would be better than trying to sleep while sitting upright on one of the seats at the airport. This would be your best option if you do not wish to pay for accommodation for a few hours. Quite understandable. Enjoy your holiday. Where are you staying on Savaii?

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
3,782 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Faleolo International Airport Opening hours

Malo lava Kenny8493

I'd definitely fork out the $50 for Transit. The airport is noisy and crowded and as amysmum says there are flights arriving all night so you can't escape the hustle and bustle. There's no air con either and you're arriving in the Wet season so it will be very humid and uncomfortable wherever you might want to sleep other than accommodation.

Have a great trip

Deb

4. Re: Faleolo International Airport Opening hours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2014, 05:18