We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing charter late March 2014

Auckland, Auckland...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Fishing charter late March 2014

I'm trying to organise a fishing charter for my 2 sons (in their 20's) and if room on boat 3 other people.

They are keen fisherman and sea worthy so would like to get them out on a big game fish or at least out where they have the opportunity to fish for something besides our general NZ species.

We are staying at Stevensons on Savaii for a few days plus on Upolu.

Any suggestions for a Charter that is safe and competent :-) would be fantastic.

Also interested in kayak hire as we all enjoy sea kayaks and touring.

Thanks everyone.

Dee

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
4,049 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing charter late March 2014

Manuia le aso Denise

You're in luck especially since you're staying at Stevensons which is in Manase. Just up the road in Fagamalo there is Savaii Lagoon Resort and they launched the one and only fishing boat on Savaii earlier this year.

It's a beautiful boat, fits the amount of people you want, has all the accredited safety checks and gear and the skipper is very experienced in these waters. Check out their FB page for some whoppers they've caught since starting.

The cost for the entire charter is 900 tala and I think that goes out for 5 hours. That's the most reasonable price you'll find in Samoa. (That 900 is for the boat not per person)

Email Sarah or Wayne at the resort and they'll be able to give you extra info or their head office in NZ - savaii.lagoon@xtra,co,nz and check out their website - www.savaiilagoon.co.nz/fishing-charters

Apart from the fishing they have other activities and are simply the best resort in Samoa.

Other than SL you'd have to travel to Upolu for fishing charters and pay much more.

Hope this helps

Manuia le Tausaga Fou (Happy New Year)

Deb

kurrajong
Destination Expert
for Samoa
Level Contributor
843 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing charter late March 2014

Hi dee

My hubby has used many of the charters in Samoa

In savai'i you are more limited and could look at the boat at vai moana ( although small the guys have caught heaps with thee guys ) reasonably priced charters

Or there now is the bait at savai'i lagoon ( we haven't been out in the yet, but will in August)

On upolu there are heaps more to choose and bigger boats with heaps if gear but the charter prices reflect this! Our favourite is troppo fishing the guys have done both day and wvening charters ( day going for masi masi , tuna and marlin , and night dog tooth tuna , the evening charters are cheaper as they use less fuel)

but google it and see what you find ,

There is a new boat in upolu (?? Samoa fishing adventures ?)

The guys will have a great time

Apart from catching heaps of fish they have also seen whales)

Let me know how you go

Sue

Auckland, Auckland...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fishing charter late March 2014

Have booked with Sarah and Wayne. Nice and handy to where we are staying. So a big thank you.

Also got information from Marcus at NZ www.divefishsnow.co.nz who is very very helpful.

kurrajong
Destination Expert
for Samoa
Level Contributor
843 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fishing charter late March 2014

great idea!

we will defiantly go out with them as well, they are also great company :)

enjoy

sue

Auckland, Auckland...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fishing charter late March 2014

Thanks Sue,

I wonder if you have any ideas for me re.....

My Son is having his 24th birthday on the 28th and we are at Savaii staying at Stevensons. My Partner is also having a birthday (wont say his age ..ha...ha) on the 1st when we are in Upolo.

I was hoping to find a traditional performance on the dates or something to celebrate for them both?

Denise

kurrajong
Destination Expert
for Samoa
Level Contributor
843 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fishing charter late March 2014

Hi Densie

what a great place to celebrate birthdays ( i had my 40th in samoa last year)

I would email stevensons and ask what night they have there fia fia night, and mention that you have some birthday boys ( they will get them up to dance, lots of fun and laughter :) )

where are you staying at Upolu? If where ever you are staying don't have their fia fia night on , you can always find some where else.

sue

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
4,049 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fishing charter late March 2014

Malo lava Denise

That's fantastic that you've booked the charter, I know you'll have a wonderful time and I hope you catch some whoppers and get to do a bit of whale and dolphin spotting. You might want to try the Savaii Lagoon glass bottom boat as well, it's a wonderful way to explore the marine life that you couldn't otherwise get to.

I agree with Sue about emailing Stevensons (or Wayne and Sarah) about FiaFia's and wherever you are on Upolu but another good idea is to just let the accommodation know it's your son's and husband's birthday - Samoans love any excuse for a celebration and they'll go all out to make it very special and possibly free.

A few years ago my husband had his 65th in our village, we'd planned food and a quiet dinner by the lagoon for just 6 of us but had the entire Manu Samoa footy team, the visiting Vanuatu team, 4 people from a visiting German medical ship and a band of musicians turn up. How they found out we'll never know but at least they brought their own pigs, booze and entertainment!!! I don't think your celebrations will end up on that scale but as I said, any excuse......

Have an amazing time

Manuia le aso

Deb

8. Re: Fishing charter late March 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2015, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Samoa
Recent Conversations