We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My Samoan Wedding

Melbourne, Australia
3 posts
Save Topic
My Samoan Wedding

Hi,

I'm getting married in Samoa on the 24th of January 2015. I've tried googling some places that I could potentially have my wedding at but have been unsuccessful.

I am looking for something that that could hold up to 150-200 adults and that would also take care of the catering side of things.

I don't really have a budget set up yet but just trying to get a fair idea of some place s that I could scope out when I go over to finalise everything next month.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
3,997 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My Samoan Wedding

Malo lava

What have you tried googling? Do you mean you just haven't found anywhere you'd like to have your wedding.

If you're looking at a resort wedding then check out Seabreeze Resort - seabreezesamoa.com; Aga Reef Resort - agareefresort.com; Saletoga Sands - saletogasands.ws; Sinalei Reef Resort - sinalei.com and Coconuts Beach Club - cbcsamoa.com. If you're looking for a less upmarket wedding then you could check out beach fales in the same area - Taufua Beach Fales - samoabeachfales.com or Lita Sini Beach Resort - litiasinibeach.ws

On the big island of Savaii you can't go past Savaii Lagoon Resort - savaiilagoon.co.nz or for fales Va-i-Moana Seaside Lodge - vaimoana.ws

I hope this helps. Most of the resorts will cater or organise the catering for you, some may be too small to accommodate up to 200 adults and you may have to divide the accommodation between 2 resorts that are close together, eg Aga Reef and Seebreeze; Sinalei and Coconuts are all virtually next to each other. If you were to choose Savaii Lagoon then there is another resort next door, Le Lagoto which could accommodate more people.

That's about it really. How long are you going over for? If you have enough time you really should try to get to Savaii, it's a very beautiful island and a wonderfully romantic place to get married.

Congrats on your upcoming big day, it will be a truly memorable one seeing that it's in Samoa.

Manuia le aso

Deb

Melbourne, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: My Samoan Wedding

Hi,

Thank you so much for your help. I had been googling 'Recommended Wedding Receptions in Samoa' which I did not get much back from.

As much as I would love to have a resort style wedding I was wondering if you could point me towards any places in the City or close to the city. I have a lot of elderly family which will be travelling from Fasitootai which I have to take into consideration. The biggest reason for me getting married in Samoa was so we could have elderly family members that cannot travel overseas present. I have no doubt that it will be memorable.

There is a place in the city, it is set out like a big fale samoa that I had heard about but did not know the name of.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Edited: 14 August 2014, 01:22
Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
3,997 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My Samoan Wedding

You're welcome.

Have a look at the Facebook page for Taumesina Hideaway. It's in a beautiful setting by a lagoon that leads into Apia Harbour in the village of Moata'a about 10 mins out of Apia CBD although Fasito'otai is further out, closer to the Airport where there are only really a couple of resorts that would cater for a wedding, you could send them an email and see what they come up with. It would be closer for older members of the family as well. Have a look at Le Vasa Resort, Aggie Grey's Lagoon Beach Resort and Spa and Ifiele’ele Plantation. Between them they would be able to accommodate any overseas guests as well.

Taumesina is probably too small for that many guests but Sara, the owner, will be able to point you in the right direction of the fale Samoa you are looking fo because I just can't think of a big fale that holds weddings, you can email her at taumesina.hideaway@gmail.com

You can also try Amanaki Hotel, Le Manumea, The Orator, Tanoa Tusitala - all in Apia and all able to hold a wedding and reception.

Let me know how you go .

Deb

Melbourne, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: My Samoan Wedding

You are the best Deb!! I will definitely let you know how I go. Thanks.

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
3,997 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My Samoan Wedding

You're welcome. Have fun planning, it's a really exciting time for you.

Sydney
Level Contributor
354 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My Samoan Wedding

Hi,

I'd just like to add the following places to consider...

1. Maota Samoa in Vaitele. It's a private estate that caters for large groups up to 300 guests. If you already have family in Samoa they can do that leg work for you and get the contact happening. I've been to at least 3 weddings there. I recommend it because you can make as much noise up here as you like, there's plenty of parking and the family who own and operate this place are really helpful. You need to organise catering to come out here but there are plenty of good catering services in Samoa. Mari of Mari's Bakery in Apia is well recommended.

2. Tradition Resort and The Orator Hotel host many wedding receptions and are located in Ululoloa and around Aleisa. They also have the capacity to self cater. I would also recommend MoanaLisa Hotel as another option, however, they may not be able to cater for up to 200 guests.

3. In Apia I wonder if the fale Samoa you are talking about is The Fale Tiafau? Its the reception fale at the Millenia Hotel and again they would be able to offer you catering options. And if that isnt it, you may be thinking of Tanoa Tusitala.

4. For something different try Sails Restaurant in Apia. It is set right on the water and offers a venue that is totally different from your usual wedding recption in Samoa. Their meals are good and you could work with their chef to come up with a menu plan that works for you.

Best of luck deciding,

L.

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
3,997 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: My Samoan Wedding

Great ideas L. I'd forgotten about Samoa Tradition Resort, I think it'd be a wonderful place for a wedding.

4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: My Samoan Wedding

Hi there! If you're still looking for a venue. .Orator Hotel is a good one..they cater as well and decorate beautifully..not sure on what your budget is like but there is also Robert Louis Stevenson museum which is beautiful too and has been quite popular for weddings now..the only thing with this venue is you will have to hire a caterer and a tent, chairs etc..which can easily be found at Ree's hireage they have tents and mostly everything you need for weddings. .caterers lucias catering and bev's catering is excellent. .hope this helps. .good luck!

9. Re: My Samoan Wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Samoa
Recent Conversations