We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HEEELP! Where do I stay for my Honeymoon?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
HEEELP! Where do I stay for my Honeymoon?

I'm stuck! It's the only thing I've had to do for the wedding (typical male) and I cant figure out where to stay for our honeymoon... Would love to have gone to Thailand but Flights are crazy $$$ so I was thinking about somewhere closer - Would love somewhere with a nice pool by a picturesque beach... any ideas woudl be great!!! Woudl spend about $250/night

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu, Port Vila, Espiritu Santo
Level Contributor
3,873 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HEEELP! Where do I stay for my Honeymoon?

Well Liam, Vanuatu is hardly closer to London than Thailand is, however you certainly could enjoy the beautiful surrounds of Le Meridien, Le Lagon or Breaka's all with nice pools and in picturesque beach locations and at $250 per night you should easily get a good lagoon view or beach view room. For a honeymoon I'd price the overwater bungalows, for seclusion and views.

Flights to Aus or NZ first, then to Vila.

Hope this helps.

Jen

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HEEELP! Where do I stay for my Honeymoon?

Yeah I should update my profile I'm back in Brisbane - thanks for your thoughts!

Do you think Vanuatu over Fiji?

Melbourne
Level Contributor
282 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HEEELP! Where do I stay for my Honeymoon?

Think you'd like Eratap....it's got nice private beach for swimming plus a couple of pools.

Well set out for couples privacy and the food seemed good [went there for an afternoon, not long after it opened].

It's a little bit away from the town down a shocker of a road, but it's worth it once you get there.

Pretty expensive though, worth making contact to see if they can do you any better deals.

http://www.eratap.com/

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HEEELP! Where do I stay for my Honeymoon?

Yeah the place is beautiful, location is great but well out of our budget unfortunately... We could only spend about $250

Hobart, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu
Level Contributor
3,599 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HEEELP! Where do I stay for my Honeymoon?

This palce has been getting pretty good reviews and I think this is in your budget http://www.tamanuonthebeach.vu/

This was also a good site to look at the accomodation options http://www.rocket-guide-vanuatu.com/

Regards

Suzi

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu, Port Vila, Espiritu Santo
Level Contributor
3,873 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: HEEELP! Where do I stay for my Honeymoon?

Hi Liam,

Well as you are in Brisbane that changes things. Yes in that case, Vanuatu would be a cheaper option than Thailand most likely.

Our "honeymoon" was at Le Meridien. It was fantastic. A few of our wedding guests were Fiji fans and have since said that they now prefer Vanuatu. But things like this are really dependent upon your personal tastes.

Like I said, price the overwater bungalows and see if you can get them into your budget. Le Meridien, Iririki and Le Lagon all have them. The ones at Le Lagon have lagoon to surf views across an expanse of aqua water. Nice stuff.

Tamanu is on a gorgeous beach. You would be rather isolated there though but perhaps this is what you'd like.

Hope this helps.

Feilding - NZ
Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: HEEELP! Where do I stay for my Honeymoon?

Hi Liam

you could get fabulous accomodation on the cheap if you are willing to risk it 3 weeks out by logging onto www.wotif.com

they have amazing specials - check it out

We stayed at Erakor Resort and Spa - great location but getting very run down, privte tho, and just across from le Lagon which has a great pool you can use.

If I went back i would go possibly to Breakas.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Bron

Wellington, NZ
Destination Expert
for Wellington
Level Contributor
2,330 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: HEEELP! Where do I stay for my Honeymoon?

What you could do is spend a few days at Tamanu (within your budget), fly to Tanna, stay at White Grass and visit the volcano, and on your return stay at one of the hotels closer to Vila.

We got married in Vanuatu and went to Tanna for the honeymoon. White Grass is beautiful - absolutely stunning gardens, and one of the best memories I have of the trip (aside from the wedding and the volcano) was watching the sun set with the hubby and a bottle of rose. Bliss.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,509 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: HEEELP! Where do I stay for my Honeymoon?

I second Weta's suggestion. Go to Tanna and have a few nights at White Grass Ocean Resort, check out the volcano (truly a memorable experience) and snorkel (again, absolutely amazing)! See my review:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g317047-d311…

Then spend the rest of your time at Le Meridien - very nice - chilling out at the resort. It is beautiful!

10. Re: HEEELP! Where do I stay for my Honeymoon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 17:17