We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

food items that can be brought into vanuatu

Tauranga, New...
Level Contributor
15 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
food items that can be brought into vanuatu

Can anyone let me know what and what can't be brought into Vanuatu. I have 3 'hungry' children, can I bring in snack food eg: biscuits, crackers, tins of tuna, and milk drinks (up and go), much appreciated

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu, Port Vila, Espiritu Santo
Level Contributor
3,873 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: food items that can be brought into vanuatu

Yes you can bring in sealed processed foods like biscuits and tuna. I doubt the milk drinks would go down well.

On the other hand you could also purchase all of your list at Au bon Marche.

J

Australia
Destination Expert
for Port Vila, Vanuatu
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: food items that can be brought into vanuatu

And some things can be cheaper than in Australia/NZ. Up and Go and Breakas flavoured milk are the same as Australian prices.

Also check out Leader Price supermarket for interesting snack foods.

Edited: 20 October 2012, 12:26
New Zealand
Level Contributor
212 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: food items that can be brought into vanuatu

We've taken in food in the past and had no problems - just declare it upon entry into Vanuatu. However it's just as easy and part of the adventure, to buy from local supermarkets when on Efate, it's simple - (love the au Bon Marche @ Nambatu) ; fruit from the huge market on the esplanade right in Port Vila, and bread from any bakery we can find (including those within the Au Bon Marche supermarkets) or even a chinese store in the back streets of Vila were very successful - and reasonably priced too - it means more vatu into that economy and our kids get to try different foods.

4. Re: food items that can be brought into vanuatu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2013, 10:15