We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fiji or Vanuatu for a wedding?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Fiji or Vanuatu for a wedding?

Hi Everyone,

My fiancé and I are planning a wedding for next year and can't decide whether to get married in Fiji or Vanuatu..

We were originally thinking the Erakor Island Resort in Vanuatu; erakorislandresort.com/index.php/weddings

However, after speaking to a few people it seems that many people like Fiji better...

We will have around 40 guests, and there will be no children. Looking for a location that has a few varying types of accommodation so that people can choose between more luxurious or budget conscious options.

I would also ideally like a location where there are a few activities close by (we will probably have our hens/bucks parties over there as well)...

Any thoughts? - I've never been to either location so I am keen to hear from some more experienced travellers!

Mentioned in this post
Fiji
Fiji
South Pacific
Australia
Destination Expert
for Port Vila, Vanuatu
Level Contributor
2,493 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fiji or Vanuatu for a wedding?

Congrats!

There are plenty of activities close to Erakor Island. Have a look at the Things To Do link at the top of this page. You could also have a look at Le Lagon which is nearby or Breakas which is over 18s only (so no squealing kids). For your hens night, everyone loves the Gallivanting Goddess Experience at JoJo Vanuatu (not far from the accommodation mentioned). tripadvisor.com.au/Attraction_Review-g294144…

Some more Wedding Info tripadvisor.com.au/…39086253

Have fun planning!

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu, Port Vila, Espiritu Santo
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fiji or Vanuatu for a wedding?

This is a question you have to decide on for yourself. Ideally I would suggest you take a trip to your intended location as a reconnoiter prior to the event.

This is a big deal. Be sure to do your research properly. You really need to walk the grounds yourself before making that sort of decision.

Jen

3. Re: Fiji or Vanuatu for a wedding?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Vanuatu