We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much money should i save?

brisbane
8 posts
Save Topic
How much money should i save?

I plan to spend two weeks in Vanuatu.I will fly from Cairns to Port Vila. I will be travelling solo

From there, fly to Tanna Island and stay three days to see the volcano and check out the island

Fly from there to Espiritu Santo and visit my friend for a week or so

Then fly back to Port Vila and spend a day or two there, then fly back to Cairns.

I will most likely do a tour every one to two days.

Does anyone have an idea what I should save in AUD to have a cheap yet comfortable holiday? Or perhaps an idea of a daily budget?

Cheers guys!

Australia
Destination Expert
for Port Vila, Vanuatu
Level Contributor
2,308 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much money should i save?

Hi kjennings

Do you want a budget including airfares? It depends on so many things (airline, month, day of the week etc....you can find this out for yourself online).

There are some Air Vanuatu specials where you can buy a domestic pass for internal flights atm.

Depending on flight times you may have to spend a night in PV before heading to Tanna. You can stay somewhere cheap and cheerful like the Sportsmen's Hotel for about $35. Transport from the airport there allow $30 each way.

Dinner & Breakfast allow $30 to eat there. Then fly to Tanna the next day.

If you stay somewhere like Tanna Evergreen you can get transfers, bed & breakfast for $50/night shared facilities. Volcano tour one night allow $100 (includes entrance fee and transport). There is great snorkelling out the front of the bungalows and they do other tours from $50 -$100 (take vatu to pay or credit card).

If you are staying with friends you wont have accommodation costs so just allow $100 for each tour.

Then when you come back to PV you could stay in a cheap place again or stay somewhere on the water (allow min $200/night..but check out wotif for your dates).

These numbers should help to get you started.

Have fun!

Edited: 01 November 2013, 06:52
2. Re: How much money should i save?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 November 2014, 04:17
Get answers to your questions about Vanuatu