We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flies

Melbourne, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
flies

Hi Guys,

Just read few negative reviews, I understand that everyone cannot be happy however there was one thing that really scared me.

Some people mentioned that there were flies covering the buffet breakfast.

Does it happen only during wet season (Nov - April) or all the time.

Thank you

Boris

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flies

Given this is your first post I thought you were probably a troll.

But I'll refrain from telling you to get back under your bridge, and ask you for more details.

What were the reviews you read, of what places that have a buffet breakfast, and at what time of year?

I'm a serial visitor to Vanuatu and never have the flies been an issue, even noticeable.

Tell us more and we will try to help you, but I suspect you've encountered a non issue or a malicious review.

Cheerz Wabster.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
1,325 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flies

I don't think I've actually been bothered by a fly in Vanuatu in all my trips. Geez boris, you are from Melbourne - billions of them descend on Melbourne bbqs every weekend and most people stay alive. Where exactly were you reading about the breaky flies, because I can't say I've ever heard anyone complain about flies in Vanuatu.

Cheers, Barbara

Campbelltown...
Level Contributor
1,248 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flies

It might be best for you if you stayed home boris

Melbourne, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: flies

Thank you for all your messages.

Which resort would you recommend for 2 adults during month of June in Vanuatu.

Thank you kindly.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Port Vila, Vanuatu
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: flies

Boris, have a look at the Hotels link at the top of this page to see whats available.

Its a hard question to answer unless you tell us what your budget is, if you want an apartment, resort or hotel style room, bungalow on the beach.

And yes there are probably more flies in Melbourne. I find it hard to believe someone complained about flies on the buffet unless it was set up outdoors in which case there may be some type of bugs attracted…same as anywhere.

canberra
Level Contributor
6 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: flies

Just arrived back from Vanuatu and the only time we saw a fly was on my open wound on my leg which is understandable. Never saw a fly in the dinning room.

Qld
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu
Level Contributor
333 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: flies

We've seen the odd fly here and there....as you do in any tropical climate. The only place it was an issue for us was on the Lelepa tour they seemed abundant but take spray and you will be fine. It wasn't any different to home during summer, flies & mozzies but that's to be expected

8. Re: flies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2015, 05:16