We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fishing in Port Vila

Tuncurry, Australia
Level Contributor
738 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
fishing in Port Vila

Hi everyone

Can anyone let me know if I can go fishing off the beach at Benjor beach club or nearby or do we have to go on an organized fishing tour?

Dave

Mentioned in this post
Benjor Beach Club
Benjor Beach Club
363 Reviews
Efate, Vanuatu
Sydney
Level Contributor
14 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fishing in Port Vila

As far as I know they are protected waters and fishing is not permitted.

Best to ask staff at the resort and they will tell you were you can fish.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu, Port Vila, Espiritu Santo
Level Contributor
3,885 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fishing in Port Vila

Hi Dave,

If you ask the people at Benjor they can tell you for sure. Their phone number is 678 26 078. Or try their email at benjor at vanuatu dot com dot vu.

Apart from that go to the fishing shop in the main street of downtown Vila and ask them. If you are wanting to contact a fishing tour organiser for yourself you could try Crusoe Fishing Adventures crusoe at vanuatu dot com dot vu.

HOpe this helps,

Jen

Tuncurry, Australia
Level Contributor
738 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fishing in Port Vila

Thanks guys I had an idea the waters were protected just wanted to check

Dave

4. Re: fishing in Port Vila

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 08:24