We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant prices

Queanbeyan
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Restaurant prices

Hello,

Can anyone please give me an inidcation of how much money I will need to take to feed 2 adults and a 1 yr old. We are staying at le lagon where breakfast will be provided however will need to buy lunch and dinner. I envisage us buying a loaf of bread and some sandwhich fillers and fruit at the markets for lunch some days, but how much is it generally for a family lunch/dinner? And what restaurants are reccommended by others?

Thanks,

Zoe

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Denarau Island
Level Contributor
2,131 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant prices

The great thing about Port Vila is that you have lots of choice to go cheap or expensive, & at Le Lagon you are only a short bus trip into town.

I find most prices to be similar to Sydney prices (or Canberra for you). A really good steak dinner can be had from about $18 upwards, you can get a good Pizza dinner for all of you for maybe $20. A couple of places we've liked that are good value include The Flaming Bull (at the Office Pub), Shooters, the Waterfront, Moo's at The Moorings & Coconut Palms-all have your basic Pub style meals (steaks, parmigiana etc)at reasonable prices plus most have a lot more to offer on their menus as well. Numbawan Cafe & the Melanesian have good Pizzas. All are kid friendly too-though maybe not so much later in the evening.

For lunch,definitely get some nice bread rolls & make your own, but theres also a couple of cheap "takeway" type places where you can get your greasy food fix for a few dollars.

Theres many many more great places than I've listed here, so if you're flying with Air Vanuatu, grab the Island Spirit magazine from the plane (it says to take it with you on the cover), also, you'll find plenty of touristy books at the tour desk at Le Lagon with plenty of suggestions also.

Mentioned in this post
Port Vila
Port Vila
Efate, Vanuatu
Sydney
Sydney
New South Wales, Australia
Moorings Hotel
Moorings Hotel
165 Reviews
Efate, Vanuatu
Coconut Palms Resort
Coconut Palms Resort
365 Reviews
Efate, Vanuatu
The Melanesian Port Vila
The Melanesian Port Vila
328 Reviews
Efate, Vanuatu
Vanuatu
Vanuatu
South Pacific
Tuncurry, Australia
Level Contributor
738 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant prices

Hi

We got back from Vanuatu last week the price of food in the restaurants is about the same as in Sydney but we don’t eat in restaurants every day at home fruit at the markets was cheap 50 cents for an avocado. We had coconut crab at Roxy’s on Erakor Island just fantastic and well worth the money

Dave

Mentioned in this post
Vanuatu
Vanuatu
South Pacific
Sydney
Sydney
New South Wales, Australia
Erakor Island Resort & Spa
Erakor Island Resort...
748 Reviews
Efate, Vanuatu
Northern Rivers NSW
Level Contributor
17 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant prices

I stayed at le-lagon about 5 years ago with my hubby and then 5 and 1 year old. We took the all inclusive package at Le-lagon which included breakfast lunch and dinner which was great value for us and ment not having to worry about where to eat. Whilst town is only a very short bus trip away which allows for lots of restaurant options sometimes with young kids its easier to just eat at the resort. Cant really comment on the price of the foods as we where all inclusive I did not look at the prices. What I loved was the early dinner sitting for kids meaning we could feed the kids early when they are hungry and then we got a babysitter who took them to the kids club and we could have a great sit down meal in the restaurant at the resort knowing they where not far away. The babysitter can either take your child to the kids club or babysit in your room if its time for bed and they get one on one care.

4. Re: Restaurant prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2009, 06:18