We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private Car Tour in Port-Vila

Vancouver
Level Contributor
112 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Private Car Tour in Port-Vila

We are 3 Canadian men arriving by cruise ship in Port-Vila on Thursday October 22, 2009. We would like to hire a guide/car for a tour. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu, Port Vila, Espiritu Santo
Level Contributor
3,873 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private Car Tour in Port-Vila

Hello travel4fun,

You will be pleased to know that taxis are lined up waiting for your ship to roll in. Taxis will take you around and about.

You might like to just go to town and enquire of a friendly bus driver about a tour around but do watch that you get fair value. Some bus drivers get a bit excited about a tour but are unprepared.

I reckon a nice trip out to Tamanu for a delicious lunch of lobster or other delicacy followed by a walk on the beach would be a nice way to spend a day.

Jen

Vancouver
Level Contributor
112 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private Car Tour in Port-Vila

Thanks so much for the good advice. We are also trying to arrange tours in Cairns and Hobart. Any thoughts?

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu, Port Vila, Espiritu Santo
Level Contributor
3,873 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private Car Tour in Port-Vila

For Cairns this is what I would do. I'd hire a car and drive through Cairns and along the Gillies highway up to Lake Barrine for morning tea. Next take a quick drive and walk to the curtain fig tree. Then head down to the Hypipamee crater. It is a ten minute (at most) walk from the carpark to the crater.

After that head up to Kuranda and the Barron Gorge. Return to Cairns via the scenic northern highway.

In Hobart I'd go for a look around the cafes and cottages on the waterfront and hopefully the Salamanca markets will be in full swing for you.

Hope this helps,

Jen

4. Re: Private Car Tour in Port-Vila

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2010, 07:29