We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus from Port Vila Airport.

Which Port Vila hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Victoria
11 posts
Save Topic
bus from Port Vila Airport.

Could I catch a bus from Port Vila airport, rather than pay 3000 vatu for a taxi? Should I just walk to the road outside the airport, get a bus into town and then a bus to my accomodation which is near Pango Village?Any other ideas?I am travelling alone.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
30,230 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bus from Port Vila Airport.

You can arrange an airport transfer emailing melanesiantours@vanuatu.co.vu cost 900 - 1500vuv

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: bus from Port Vila Airport.

Despite what some will tell you, yes it is fine to get a bus from the airport. If it is just you then you should not have too much luggage. If you don't see one arrive at international terminal within about 15 minutes then maybe head down to domestic and get one from there. If you suitcase/luggage takes up a seat it is advisable to pay for that seat, ie your fare will be vt300 not vt150

Victoria
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: bus from Port Vila Airport.

Thanks for your suggestion, I thought the tour buses were a lot dearer.

Victoria
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: bus from Port Vila Airport.

Thanks Hindo, I am travelling with a small suitcase and a shoulderbag.

I just get sick of wasting 6000vatu on the fare return,for a cab, when I have paid a very big price($1038.00) with Air Vanuatu

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu, Port Vila, Espiritu Santo
Level Contributor
3,869 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bus from Port Vila Airport.

Yes the bus/taxi squabble gets a bit tiring. If you're on your own it is definitely worth using a bus.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: bus from Port Vila Airport.

Yeah I know what you are saying. I have only ever taken a cab from the airport once and I did not pay anywhere near the "quoted" fares inside the airport.

With a small suitcase and shoulder bag you will be fine on the bus. The only issue you may have is if your flight arrives really late at night and finding a bus at that time.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
188 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bus from Port Vila Airport.

We were under the impression that buses are not allowed into the airport. Is this not correct????

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: bus from Port Vila Airport.

No that is not correct. Buses are most definitely allowed into the airport and can be seen there regularly.

9. Re: bus from Port Vila Airport.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2010, 05:17