We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting Married

australia
Level Contributor
224 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Getting Married

Hi

My daughter would like to get married in Vanuatu, thinking of a cruise then getting off the cruise get married and get back on the cruise chip, does anyone know if that can be done or not

Mentioned in this post
Vanuatu
Vanuatu
South Pacific
Brisbane
Level Contributor
189 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting Married

Hello,

I'm no expert in this field, but I have seen several weddings happening in Vanuatu, and extremely romantic ones at that. Why not google "Getting married in Vanuatu" I'm sure someone on this forum will be able to help. The brides tropical flower arrangements are absolutely stunning. Best of luck, your daughter has great taste in a wedding venue :-) :-)

Mentioned in this post
Vanuatu
Vanuatu
South Pacific
Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,533 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting Married

Do you mean she would get off the ship when it docks in the morning, get married then get back on the ship that afternoon? Or do you mean she will get off ship, stay in Vanuatu for a week or so and then get the next ship back?

Mentioned in this post
Vanuatu
Vanuatu
South Pacific
vanuatu
Level Contributor
320 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting Married

Hi

Yes I have seen many cruise passengers get married on a one day stopover in Port Vila also crew members. P&O should be able to help.

I worked on the ship for three years whilst in the moving process from O.Z to Vanuatu.

Cheers

Mentioned in this post
Vanuatu
Vanuatu
South Pacific
Victoria
Level Contributor
124 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting Married

Hi, Congratulations on the upcoming wedding of your daughter. We got married last year in Vanuatu and it is definitely a perfect wedding location. I would suggest your daughter get in contact with one of Vanuatu's Wedding Co-ordinators, They would be able to help.

Mentioned in this post
Vanuatu
Vanuatu
South Pacific
Port Vila
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting Married

Hi,

Yes, your daughter can certainly get married off the cruise ship. She will however have to be in touch with a wedding coordinator in Vanuatu prior to her arrival. There are documents required such as birth certificates etc that are required to be lodged 4 weeks before the marriage, so that her wedding documents are ready for the big day.

Many of the resorts around Vila will be able to assist with this, as will most travel agents. Be very wary of going through P & O for this, as you will pay an exorbitant price and may not end up with the unique experience you are looking for.

Mentioned in this post
Vanuatu
Vanuatu
South Pacific
vanuatu
Level Contributor
320 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting Married

Hi

The above poster is right about the extra cost.

However the ships schedule is not guaranteed.

So the possible arrival date in Port Vila may differ

at the last minute.

Not often, but it's according to weather conditions.

The local wedding coordinator 's should have the answers.

But I'm pretty sure that P&O would only liaise with one of them.

Just a matter of asking more questions from those more in the know.

Cheers

vanuatu
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting Married

I am a wedding photographer in Vanuatu and I photograph plenty of cruise ship weddings. There is no problem there! But as someone else suggested, going through a wedding co-ordinator is a good idea as they can organise all the paper work this end. They can also organise pick up and drop off to the ship, flowers etc. I can suggest Helen Politis at Evrisamting. She is awesome! Her email is helen@evrisamting.com

If you would like help with any other queries regarding the wedding, feel free to email me. angela@aelanphotography.com

Mentioned in this post
Vanuatu
Vanuatu
South Pacific
vanuatu
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting Married

I should have added that most of the resorts have their own events and wedding co-ordinators and they can also organise everything for you. So if you had one particular resort in mind for the wedding, you could just email them and take it from there. They too, can organise the paper work, transport, flowers etc.

adelaide
4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting Married

Hi congratulations...it is definately doable...I'm having a cruise ship wedding/honeymoon holiday...I'm geting married Nov and I am using Karan from wedding destinations...she is based in australia ...she does everything...organises your cruise...place for you to do ceremony when you port into vanuatu, flowers, cake, legalisation of marriage....heres the website

www.weddingdestinations.com.au

good luck

adelaide
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Getting Married

Hi congratulations...it is definately doable...I'm having a cruise ship wedding/honeymoon holiday...I'm geting married Nov and I am using Karan from wedding destinations...she is based in australia ...she does everything...organises your cruise...place for you to do ceremony when you port into vanuatu, flowers, cake, legalisation of marriage....heres the website

www.weddingdestinations.com.au

good luck

Edited: 09 June 2010, 05:08