We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xmas Lunch

Which Port Vila hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toowoomba, Australia
Level Contributor
29 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Xmas Lunch

Hi again,

We have booked private accommodation over the Xmas period and as such am wanting to know is there any place we can book Xmas lunch!

I do not know if there will be places open on the day but if there is, I would like the opportunity to be able to book.

Thanks for any replies.

Cheers

Wendy

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Denarau Island
Level Contributor
2,119 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Xmas Lunch

All of the Resorts will have a Christmas Day lunch happening, & I'm sure a lot of the Restaurants would as well.

One suggestion would be The Grand Hotel. They have a lot of events on there during the year & I imagine they'd probably do a nice lunch.

Other restaurants that may do a lunch are Tillys, Le Tentation, Vila Chaumieres , Tamanu, The Waterfront, Chill, just to name a few. I dont know for sure with any of them, but you could email them to check.

Heres a link to TripAdvisor reviews of restaurants in Port Vila

tripadvisor.com/…EATERY_OVERVIEW_BOX

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu, Port Vila, Espiritu Santo
Level Contributor
3,862 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Xmas Lunch

Yes, as Anni has said, all of the resorts will be putting on a special Christmas lunch so pick one that takes your fancy and book once you are in situ. Booking out is not likely to be a problem.

Jen

Brisbane
Level Contributor
187 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Xmas Lunch

Our kids spent last Christmas day at Warwick Le Lagoon. They had a lovely day around the pool. The buffet was very good apparently, except for the crab. Lamb cutlets to die for, apparently.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu, Port Vila, Espiritu Santo
Level Contributor
3,862 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Xmas Lunch

Where were you PB? Did you go somewhere else or did you miss out on the holiday altogether?

J

Brisbane
Level Contributor
187 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Xmas Lunch

Howdy J_T

Oh how I wish I could cancel Christmas, not my favourite time of year at all. We left the kids to it, (the kids being in their 30s :-))and read a book all Christmas day. So yes, I suppose we did cancel out the day.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Xmas Lunch

Erakor Island Resort had a great Christmas Day lunch last year which was ideal for young families. I also heard good things about the lunch at Le Lagon. Just be aware that they are quite expensive, around 8000-10000vt per head in 2010.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
187 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Xmas Lunch

Yes hindo, our son said it was $80.00, each. But he said the atmosphere was elegant, cruisy and laid back. He and the missus settled themselves in a deck chair ......each :-) :-) by the pool after lunch, no pressure, nice people, bar in the pool. BLISS!!!!

God, life is tough for some people!

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Xmas Lunch

Yeah the pool area at Le Lagon is great. We used to go there for a family lunch regularly until they started charging locals 1000vt just for swimming there. No credit at the bar, no credit on meals, just a fee for swimming. Have not been back since.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
187 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Xmas Lunch

If you went for lunch, they have a cheek to charge you for using the pool, surely. If you were just wandering in, and taking advantage of the facilities, they have a point. But heck, you are spending money on their premises.

Their loss hindo. Disappointing though ah??

After saying that, it's probably a good bet for Christmas lunch.

Whoops, a quake is rocking my chair. Let the good times roll! :-)

Australia
Destination Expert
for Port Vila, Vanuatu
Level Contributor
2,320 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Xmas Lunch

I have read about the Le Lagon charge but we have never been charged for using the pool area.

I was asking someone else about this when there a few weeks ago and they said they were pulled up once when they had their ni-van nanny with them to help with their kids but not when they were on their own.

This probably says more about the staff on duty at the time, than it does about the 'policy'.

If you explained you were there for lunch I am sure they wouldn't charge you.

I just wish they wouldn't have the music so loud at the pool bar...it's absolutely deafening sometimes.

Edited: 11 May 2011, 00:27