We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help us find our slice of paradise

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Please help us find our slice of paradise

Hi There, We have just booked flights for our first trip to Vanuatu for early October - coinciding with school holidays. We (mum, dad and 15 year old daughter) are looking for a quiet, self catering place - but with nearby access to restaurants, great snorkelling at our doorstep and places to sit under a tree and read and relax. At this stage we are leaning towards either Island Magic or Chez Troppo. Any comments on these two choices or other suggestions greatly appreciated. We plan to use the busses to get around. I'm really enjoying the wealth of information on this forum. Thanks

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help us find our slice of paradise

Should have added, wifi would be great, but by no means essential.

Campbelltown...
Level Contributor
1,245 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help us find our slice of paradise

I can highly recommend the 2 bedroom villa on hideaway, depending on your budget of course. Its a beautiful self contained property with its own private pool. Breakfast is included in the rate. We have never cooked in the kitchen there but it has everything you need.

There is free wifi if you are sitting in the reception area or the beach bar.

Hideaway is about a 15 min bus ride from town which has never been a problem for us. There is also a fairly decent restaurant on site and a 3 min boat ride will get you to the beach bar on the mainland. The warhorse saloon is also within walking distance up the road a little.

Have a look at their website. the villa is exactly as described and pictured

Jody

New Zealand
Level Contributor
212 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help us find our slice of paradise

snorkelling on your doorstep is a little harder to find if you are in Port Vila, so you might want to look at going further afield, or splitting your time between PV and elsewhere on the island (northern parts maybe). We did get a snorkelling at our door experience, by staying in a bungalow on Pele Island - I have a report you could read if it is of help and suitable (not self catering, but very reasonably priced food, delivered to the bungalow 4x per day!!) tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g1871987-d23… Eat at the market in PV at night - excellent food for about 5,000 vt for our family of 4 compared to 15,000 in cafes etc. so that makes self-catering a non event in my book! (just have to choose what you eat - I tend to stick with the omelettes, stews and curries. LOTS of fresh fruit there too. Yum yum. We ate there 4 days in a row last July and never got sick, so well worth the adventure.

Best wishes. We too are heading there in early October - 7th onwards, I;ll look out for you LOL.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
188 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help us find our slice of paradise

Check out Vacation Rentals up the top of the page ain a green box. You may find something there.

BOL.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please help us find our slice of paradise

Check out pandanus bay waterfront apartments. I just booked there for july. It looks really nice!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please help us find our slice of paradise

Hello, there are some great new Villas at Pango, called Vale Vale Beachfront Villas - there are 5 x 2 bedroom & 3 x 1 bedroom, right on the beach, wifi, all have self-catering kitchens, quiet, buses go past regularly, about 15 mins from Port Vila - they are opening in June 2012 - www.travelvanuatu.com.au

Edited: 03 May 2012, 04:57
Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Please help us find our slice of paradise

Thanks for all the suggestions - lots to follow up on here. Love the look of Pele island - for at least a day trip, if not a night or two - and will check out the others. No doubt I'll be back with more questions.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu, Port Vila, Espiritu Santo
Level Contributor
3,873 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Please help us find our slice of paradise

I second Jody's suggestion of Hideaway Island.

Jen

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Please help us find our slice of paradise

Island magic is not nearby to any restaurants, in fact it is quite a way out of town.

Terrigal
Level Contributor
31 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Please help us find our slice of paradise

If you would like a lovely new 2 bedroom villa rather than some 'run-down in need of refurbishment' places, you could look at www.aquana.com.au

It has been opened for less than 8 months, only has 8 villas and, although not self catering,has tea & coffee and has been known to supply a microwave to those who request. We have booked for Christmas as their rates are amazing for peak season. Snorkelling within very easy reach, and it does look like Paradise of the quieter kind, but in easy reach of everything Port Vila has to offer with free bus twice daily.

Good luck. Would love to hear where you decide to book.