We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Vanuatu new Fiji flights from Port Vila

Australia
Destination Expert
for Port Vila, Vanuatu
Level Contributor
2,386 posts
154 reviews
Save Topic
Air Vanuatu new Fiji flights from Port Vila

Chief Executive Officer of Air Vanuatu Joseph Laloyer has announced a weekly service to Suva, Fiji will commence in July.

“We’re really excited to be operating our own direct service to Suva on Sundays. The new flights will complement our code-share services currently operated by Air Pacific on Tuesdays and Saturdays to Nadi,” he said.

Good for island hopping!

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu, Port Vila, Espiritu Santo
Level Contributor
3,873 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Vanuatu new Fiji flights from Port Vila

I wonder how soon before travel agent wholesalers get smart and offer a Vanuatu Fiji combo holiday. 5 nights each would be good nudge nudge wink wink.

J

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Vanuatu new Fiji flights from Port Vila

Yeah good thought for people to try out both destinations.

I did a combo holiday back in 1978 with about 5 nights each in Vanuatu and New Caledonia. Qantas was the airline for the whole thing back then if I recall correctly, I probably have the old tickets stashed away somewhere hehe.

One thing after that particular trip was that I was left with a desire to return to Vanuatu (or the New Hebrides as it was then) but not to New Caledonia which I found a bit depressingly colonial.

I have returned to Vanuatu twice but still have no desire to go to Noumea again,

Cheerz Wabster.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2,502 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Vanuatu new Fiji flights from Port Vila

Only problem is it is cheaper to fly from Oz to Fiji than it is from Vanuatu to Fiji.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Port Vila, Vanuatu
Level Contributor
2,386 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Vanuatu new Fiji flights from Port Vila

They already go to Nadi. Its about $320 one way. Bris to Nadi on same day is over $500. They haven't published Suva fares yet.

Port Macquarie...
Level Contributor
193 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Vanuatu new Fiji flights from Port Vila

cheaper return flights from aus would be good also

Suva, Central, Fiji
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Vanuatu new Fiji flights from Port Vila

Very glad for this, it will be positive for the Vanuatu Students in USP, Suva. No more need to travel to Nadi, just go to Nausori...wooo wooo go Air Vanuatu

Suva, Central, Fiji
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Air Vanuatu new Fiji flights from Port Vila

Very good initiative because it will help Vanuatu USP students in Suva not to travel to Nadi but directly from Nausori back Home.

Edited: 24 June 2012, 22:35
8. Re: Air Vanuatu new Fiji flights from Port Vila

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2013, 06:15