We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vanuatu or Fiji for Honeymoon?

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
9 posts
24 reviews
Vanuatu or Fiji for Honeymoon?

I need help!!! Both look equally beautiful and have rave reviews but these have confused me even more! We'll be getting married in December and should leave for our honeymoon around the 14th... Please could someone tell me which one is better for a honeymooner? We're an adventurous couple who like to try new things but would also love to be situated in a scenic location (like the pics you see on postcards!).

Thank you!!!

Adelaide
Level Contributor
1,335 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Vanuatu or Fiji for Honeymoon?

Well tatumcee, since this is the Vanuatu forum, I guess it's fairly obvious what we will say! Vanuatu is a beautiful place with many scenic locations as well as heaps to do in the adventure line. You can do everything from diving on WW2 wrecks to horseriding on pristine beaches to abseiling down a waterfall to standing on the edge of an active volcano watching the fireworks!

Perhaps have a look at Things to Do in Vanuatu, not just the Port Vila page but Efate, Tanna and Espiritu Santo as well. Wander through the forums here and have a look at what others have asked. Give us more of an idea of what type of accommodation, general price range, length of visit etc, and I'm sure you will get more suggestions.

Cheers, Barbara

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
9 posts
24 reviews
2. Re: Vanuatu or Fiji for Honeymoon?

Thank you Barbara!

Will do!

Moreton Island...
Level Contributor
6,622 posts
69 reviews
3. Re: Vanuatu or Fiji for Honeymoon?

Two very different countries tatum, and both have some stunning places to visit.

In Fiji there are many beautiful islands off the mainland like the Yasawas and Mamanucas. The Yasawa group of islands is much less touristy (with less kids) and has some amazing beaches and coral reefs just off the beaches. Relatively easy to get to via seaplane or large catarmans.

The islands in Vanuatu are much further apart and the only way to access them is via plane, with the exception of a few smaller islands off the main islands. Even the beaches are very different to those in Fiji. I guess it really depends on what you want to do and see, and the type of resort you want.

Some of the touristy parts of Fiji are very family orientated with many kids, but there is a number of small adults only resorts.

I find there's less families with children visiting Vanuatu, and I love it for what it offers. The Ni-vans are lovely happy people but quite shy in comparison to the Fijians who are more outgoing and funloving.

I think the food is much better in Vanuatu, and if you are travelling to Port Via - Efate, there's lots of variety for eating options at the restaurants there.

Both are great places to holiday/honeymoon, but as I mentioned they are very different in many ways.

I have pics of both Fiji islands and Vanuatu on my TA profile - have a look if you are interested. Just click on my TA name and then contributions and then photos.

As Barbara mentioned have a look at the forums and also the accommodation options, see the left hand side of the forums for other info and the info on the right hand side

all the best with the wedding and honeymoon planning.

Darling Downs...
Level Contributor
111 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: Vanuatu or Fiji for Honeymoon?

We stayed in a honeymoon room at Poppy's on the Lagoon. It was lovely! You can't go wrong with either.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu, Port Vila, Espiritu Santo
Level Contributor
3,935 posts
25 reviews
5. Re: Vanuatu or Fiji for Honeymoon?

We stayed at the Holiday Inn (then called Le Meridien) It was great for all the family lol!

J

6. Re: Vanuatu or Fiji for Honeymoon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2013, 10:16