We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Port Villa Accomodation

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Port Villa Accomodation

We are planning on our honeymoon in october this year and am just looking at some accomodation.

Can anyone suggest a nice resort close to PV as we like to dine out for dinner.

Approx 200 a night if that helps

Any suggestions would be greatly appriecated.

Ta =)

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,791 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Port Villa Accomodation

I'm booked in to stay at Fatumaru Lodge in Jan. it's 200 AUD per night. Walking distance from Vila. Pool, jetty, stunning views, wifi, I can't wait. I'll let you know what it is like when I get back.

Abs :)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Port Villa Accomodation

I will look it up :) cheers let me know what you think :)

Australia
Destination Expert
for Port Vila, Vanuatu
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Port Villa Accomodation

If you would like to swim or snorkel in front of your accommodation I would suggest Erakor Island (very tropical feel, beach bungalows, lovely sunsets, free kayaks and restaurant, beginners snorkelling, romantic) or Breakas Beach Resort (over 18s only, good food, surf beach, swim up bar) Iririki Island (3min free ferry ride to the centre of town, garden bungalows, several pools & restaurants, free water activities etc). Fatumaru is on the main street, has a pool but no snorkelling in front of it, noisy area, not very island-y and still a bit of a hike to the main part of town or other dining options. Anywhere in Port Vila is only a short bus ride to restaurants. Look at these option on TA or google them for pics. Also see the restaurant link on the left hand side of this page. Wotif etc often have deals for these places but do not hesitate to call them directly to get a cheaper rate. Have a great trip!

Hobart, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu
Level Contributor
3,602 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Port Villa Accomodation

I wouldn't recommend Fatumaru Lodge at all - it's dirty, the place is not maintained like balcony seats with large holes in them and very cloudy unclean pool, the pool table was rotten and hardly standing, arrogant owner (nice staff though) and when we were there resident rats! Most of the glowing reviews are from 1st time posters.

Peace and Light's suggestions of Erakor Island or Breakas Beach Resort are much better options IMO

Regards

Suzi

Australia
Destination Expert
for Port Vila, Vanuatu
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Port Villa Accomodation

Yes sadly first time posts are often done by hotel owners or staff under multiple names....eg the positive reviews of Fatumaru are probably not genuine. It doesn't have a very good reputation amongst regulars to this forum.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Port Villa Accomodation

Thankyou thats good to know =)

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu, Port Vila, Espiritu Santo
Level Contributor
3,873 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Port Villa Accomodation

The big two, Le Lagon and the Holiday Inn are popular for honeymooners.

Apart from that I second the Erakor Island idea.

Happy travels,

Jen

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
34 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Port Villa Accomodation

The Erakor looks great and well priced thankyou very much guys =)

9. Re: Port Villa Accomodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2014, 00:15