We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Laundry in iririki resort or port Vila

Which Port Vila hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Laundry in iririki resort or port Vila

Hi,

My family and I are going to vanuatu - Iririki resort port Vila in April. Is anybody able to tell me if there is laundry either on the resort or in port Vila?

Qld
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu
Level Contributor
323 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Laundry in iririki resort or port Vila

What accomodation have you booked? The apartments have a washing machine and dryer, if you are staying in a Fare there is a laundry service available charged per item.

There is a laundry in PV but I cannot for the life of me remember where but I'm sure someone will pop in soon with an answer :)

Australia
Destination Expert
for Port Vila, Vanuatu
Level Contributor
2,308 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Laundry in iririki resort or port Vila

They will do your laundry for you at Iririki, like most hotels. And there are laundromats in town, up towards Numbatu.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Laundry in iririki resort or port Vila

We are at Iririki at the moment. We are in an apartment, and as mmr1316 has said, there is a washing machine and dryer in each room. There is a laundry service at the resort, 2200vt per laundry bag, or per item it is quite expensive, starting at 150vt per item of underwear, 600vt for a shirt or blouse, 300 for a t shirt, 400 for shorts etc.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Laundry in iririki resort or port Vila

Thanks for the info everyone.

Port Vila, Vanuatu
Level Contributor
139 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Laundry in iririki resort or port Vila

There is one near ABM numbatu in a red building I think? There is also one near sort of underneath the olympic hotel in town waling up towards Lotus day spa. Expect to pay upwards of $10 for a bag to wash and dry.

Adelaide, South...
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Laundry in iririki resort or port Vila

Just returned from two blissful weeks at Iririki (with a quick side trip to Tanna).

Laundry service on the island is excellent. May partner and I shared a Fare and had 4 teens also staying in 2 Fares. We all needed to have laundry done at some stage during our visit. The laundry bags are large enough for two people's clothes and a bag is 2200 vatu (approx A$25). The laundry was washed, folded, (and in the case of my dresses ironed and hung in my wardrobe) all within a couple of hours. Well worth the money for the ease of having it all done professionally for you. Just leave your laundry bag outside your door and someone will collect.

This is our third stay at Iririki in the past 4 years so please let me know if you need any other information.

Have a great holiday!

Cheers

Adelaide
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Laundry in iririki resort or port Vila

Thanks happy traveller sue. This will be our first trip to Port Vila, what are the best things to do and see? We have a teenager (aged13) travelling with us so we need things for her to do as well. Is there any good places to eat out?

Adelaide, South...
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Laundry in iririki resort or port Vila

Hi.

There are quite a few good eating options around town: next to the local food market and above the blue supermarket (upstairs) is a restaurant called Chill. The food is really good and my kids love the smoothies. Also, a few hundred metres further (turning left) is The Anchor Inn. They have good inexpnsive food and burgers etc for kids. The pub directly across from The Grand has pizza nights for approx $10 - they are good as well.

In terms of keeping teenagers happy, there are a lot of options (depends how much you want to spend.

No 1 on my family's list is probably Blue Lagoon. If you can, go there on a weekend when the locals are there and they will show you how to swing out on the rope and put on quite a show themselves. Catch a bus (it is about 30 mins drive). Entry is only 500 vatu. There are no shops, so take food and drinks.

The younger kids (13 & 15 y/o girls) also loved the off-road buggies as once you are off the roads, they get to drive.

They also loved Zorbing (rolling down the hill in a large plastic ball). Sliding down the rocks at Mele Cascades is fun too. Ziplining was fun and not as scary as you may think.

Get a bus to Hideaway Island (300 vatu each). Catch the ferry across to the island (free). Entry to the island is 1000 vatu and if you need to hire snorkel and flippers an extra 500. The snorkelling is brilliant. You need only go a few metres offshore. This is my favourite thing to do in all of Vanuatu. Make sure you take some bread and ball it into your fist. As you swim, shake your fist causing crumbs to leak from your hand and the fish will be around you in a matter of seconds - hundreds of them!

Catch buses - taxis are very expensive.

Let me know if you need any mor info.

Cheers,

Adelaide
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Laundry in iririki resort or port Vila

Thanks happy traveller sue. That has given us lots of things to do and see.

10. Re: Laundry in iririki resort or port Vila

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2014, 05:15