We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Don's Warhorse Saloon has moved

vanuatu
Level Contributor
320 posts
Save Topic
Don's Warhorse Saloon has moved

Don and Donna, arguably Vanuatu's most accomplished Bar and restaurant owner/operators have moved their Saloon to a new location on wharf road. A brilliant move that can only enhance the choice of night life in and around Port Vila. Although I think cruise ship days may prove a little challenging, stall a good thing.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Don's Warhorse Saloon has moved

Interesting and thanks for the update Villaexpat. I look forward to seeing them in their new location next visit. Did they move the brewery gear as well? Or have they given that part of the business up? Any current usage at their old site?

Cheerz Wabster.

vanuatu
Level Contributor
320 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Don's Warhorse Saloon has moved

Hi Wabster,

My understanding is they are keeping and extending the brewery into what was the old bar.

It was a great bar but wasted due to the location.

Cheers

vanuatu
Level Contributor
320 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Don's Warhorse Saloon has moved

No problem for locals or visitors out that way as they still have the Beach Bar at Mele which is more ideally suited to the area.

Cheers

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Denarau Island
Level Contributor
2,131 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Don's Warhorse Saloon has moved

A good move I'm sure-they'll make a killing on cruise ship days.

(& nice to see you villaexpat!)

vanuatu
Level Contributor
320 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Don's Warhorse Saloon has moved

Hi Anni

It certainly won't hurt, when I was on the ships Ma Barkers was the big attraction in Vila, and I know they could turnover $5,000 aud on a good ship day. Although I don't think the responsible service of alcohol laws were strictly enforced as we used to lose a few passengers passed out that didn't make it back to ship. Kept me amused anyway. I had always known that the right venue, under the right management in the right location would always pay off.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Denarau Island
Level Contributor
2,131 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Don's Warhorse Saloon has moved

Ah, yes, Ma Barkers......

We were in a taxi on our way from the airport the day it closed down, it was about 4pm & they were literally using hoses to get the "patrons" out the door so they'd make it back to the ship on time.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Port Vila, Vanuatu
Level Contributor
2,409 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Don's Warhorse Saloon has moved

The new Warhorse has opened and the "attractions" will be moved over soon!

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu, Port Vila, Espiritu Santo
Level Contributor
3,877 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Don's Warhorse Saloon has moved

Memories Anni. Like the Rossi, the original Waterfront, Ma Barkers of course, The Pizzeria, the Grand when it was an empty shell, Le Meridien when it had a suspension bridge and was still called Le Meridien, the Crown Plaza before it became Le Lagon and Au Peche Mignon when it sold Tanna coffee instead of imported Vittoria. The only constant is change.

J.

Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Don's Warhorse Saloon has moved

I am disappointed to hear they have moved. As a part time residents living out at Mele we were frequent visitors to the warhorse for their ribs. However good luck to Don and Donna who I am sure will be successful in their new venture. The beach bar is not really an alternative for many reasons!

Australia
Destination Expert
for Port Vila, Vanuatu
Level Contributor
2,409 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Don's Warhorse Saloon has moved

Caddymc they are expanding their micro brewery into the space that used to be the restaurant...that can only be good news for people that like their boutique beers! Mr P&L likes their Texican beer.