We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Warwick Le Lagon ... Refurbishing the kitchen

Which Port Vila hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
71 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Warwick Le Lagon ... Refurbishing the kitchen

We are heading to Warwick Le Lagon in early December. I understand that they are currently refurbishing the kitchen in the Lagoon Terrace Restaurant and that this has caused some disruption to food service. Does anyone know when this work will be completed?

Australia
Destination Expert
for Port Vila, Vanuatu
Level Contributor
2,305 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Warwick Le Lagon ... Refurbishing the kitchen

Michener's restaurant is being refurbished but there is still the other cafe and Watermark Restaurant.

And you are only a couple of minutes ferry ride to many other dining options.

Les Jardin Des Saveurs (number 1 in PV) is also closed until mid November while the owners are away along with Kanpai Japanese which is also closed. I think they all do reno's at this time of the year so they are done by Xmas.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Vanuatu, Port Vila, Espiritu Santo
Level Contributor
3,862 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Warwick Le Lagon ... Refurbishing the kitchen

I thought Michener's restaurant was part of Iririki?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
71 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Warwick Le Lagon ... Refurbishing the kitchen

Thanks PeaceAndLight but it does seem like you got your resorts mixed up :-)

Le Lagon has replied to my Facebook message saying that the Lagoon Terrace restaurant won't be fully back on line until mid/late December which is disappointing as we will be there in early December. I'd be interested to hear from anyone that has been there recently as to how the temporary arrangements in the Pacific Ballroom are going.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Port Vila, Vanuatu
Level Contributor
2,305 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Warwick Le Lagon ... Refurbishing the kitchen

Yep sorry I was adding more renovations to the list.

As far as I know, the Lagoon Terrace is just the area set up for buffets and there are other options while they renovate.

Sydney, Australia
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Warwick Le Lagon ... Refurbishing the kitchen

I stayed at the Warwick last week with my wife and two small children. The Pacific Ballroom functioned well as a dinning room. The guests have to share a doorway to the toilets with the staff who were running food and plates, so that particular doorway is very busy.

The dining room did get a little crowded at times, but i'm unsure if that is because there was a large wedding group staying at the resort. We found ourselves dining just outside the ballroom on the timber deck so we had more space and so the kids didn't disturb anyone to much.

The breakfast was good. They could do with a second egg station to speed things up though. The adults were invited to dine at Wild Gingers for breakfast for a small fee if you don't like kids.

We had three vouchers for dinner and went to the Melanesian, Seafood and Roast nights. Can't recommend the buffey dinners. Definitely would have been mad if I had paid 3,500 vatu pp for the dinners. The bain-maries just dried the food out.

Two nights we ordered pizza from in town and had it delivered to reception. I cost us 1900vatu for a large pizza and garlic bread delivered and 2500 vatu for a large pizza and two fantas delivered. That worked well because the kids were to tired to tramps into town. We also visited Chill, Tamanu and Le Houstalet. Le Houstalet was by far the best food.

Edited: 29 October 2013, 23:08
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
71 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Warwick Le Lagon ... Refurbishing the kitchen

Thanks Agentvlin ... really appreciate your comments and advice. Cheers.

7. Re: Warwick Le Lagon ... Refurbishing the kitchen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2014, 06:20