We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eratap Resort for Dinner??

South Australia
Level Contributor
284 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Eratap Resort for Dinner??

Hi everyone,

We are travelling to Vanuatu later this year, staying at Erakor Island Resort. We have previously stayed at Eratap and I'm thinking of booking to go there for a special dinner for my husband's 50th as a surprise.

I wondered if anyone could advise approx how much taxi would be from Erakor to Eratap and would also appreciate anyone's thoughts. Eratap was amazing when we stayed last time but not sure if the restaurant at Erakor would be just as good?

Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.

thank you!!!

vanuatu
Level Contributor
320 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Eratap Resort for Dinner??

Don't quote me on this but I'm thinking that you would need your driver to hang around while you had dinner so you could get back, if so it could prove a little costly. For mine the restaurant at Erakor is a better venue but not sure about food as I haven't eaten there for years.

Cheers

Port Vila, Vanuatu
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eratap Resort for Dinner??

Hi

Eratap has excellent meals, but not easy to get to after dark.

Have you looked at La Jardin Restaurant which is rated one of the best in Port Vila and walking distance from Erakor Resort Jetty.

South Australia
Level Contributor
284 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eratap Resort for Dinner??

Thanks for the advice, I will look into La Jardin too. We are so very excited to be coming back to Vanuatu, this will be our 3rd trip!

cheers, Kate

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,441 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eratap Resort for Dinner??

I too would recommend Le Jardin des Saveurs, we had an awesome night when we went there last May.

I hope their chef is consistent with what we experienced on that night. There are a few negatives raised in reviews subsequent to our visit tripadvisor.com.au/Restaurant_Review-g294144…

It is ideal for the special night out.

Port Vila, Vanuatu
Level Contributor
244 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eratap Resort for Dinner??

I've been to Le Jardin des Saveurs 4 times and it has been fantastic each time and definitely a great place for a special occasion. Another nice place is The Lookout Thai restaurant - more casual but a stunning view and reasonably good Thai food.

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eratap Resort for Dinner??

Wife and I just spent 10 days in PV. Our 4th trip to Vanuatu in 8 years.

I arranged dinner at Eratap on our final night in PV.

Stayed at Breakas (decidedly average) this time. So it's a 30-40min drive to Eratap.

I arrange transport - with a local Bus (van) for 5000 vatu return. Taxis were asking 6000-8000 depending on if a cruise ship was in. You have been to Eratap before, so will appreciate that your drive will include 20mins on the unsealed entry road.

Our driver dropped us at 730pm and then returned to collect us at 945pm. The ladies at Eratap took his mobile and liaised with him for our pick up. No hassel, worse case you sit and have another wine.

Eratap - as usual was amazing. Food excellent, service levels above anything we experience In PV (though we visited The Havanan resort for a drink when we took a car around the island. It was very nice. Will stay there next time to compare).

Eratap have a new Kiwi chef (she has been there since 2011 we were told). Great food and prices on par with anything of quality in PV.

Do it! Enjoy!

Charles

Australia
Destination Expert
for Port Vila, Vanuatu
Level Contributor
2,369 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eratap Resort for Dinner??

I have been to all of these restaurants this week catching up with people.

Eratap has a nice up market atmosphere and they had some local singers/ dancers too on the night we were there. You would have to get a driver for the night as the above poster says. I made the mistake of ordering lamb (having withdrawals) and was very disappointed with their greek lamb cutlets with tsatsiki and greek salad…it was 3 overcooked loin chops. In hindsight it was silly to order a meat they may not have much experience of cooking, there are no sheep in Vanuatu…a steak knife wasn't offered so I asked for one but it never showed up so I couldn't eat the chops anyway. The others were happy with their dishes even though the seafood paella was actually risotto.

Le Jardin was great, the lobster thermidore was huge and I asked to take half away for later but forgot to collect it as we left! The creme brûlée and other desserts are great to share if you can't eat a full one. The waiters are attentive without being intrusive and kept our glasses full.

Erakor was very disappointing this time (we go there every few months). The surf and turf was 2 very thin medallions of eye fillet on a green veg smear with 2 prawns 2 scallops and some julienne carrot. The poulet with lemon sauce looked very similar but with one small piece of fish and 2 strange cold balls of sweet potato. The baked lime cheesecake was a crushed biscuit base scattered on a plate with 4 cubes of cheesecake that were not baked and had no trace of lime at all. The service was slow even for island time! The other disappointing things was that they charge 3% for paying by ALL cards even access/debit...not just credit cards.

We wont be going back in a hurry.

The Lookout Thai (over looking Moorings Hotel) last night was very good, great spicy green papaya & prawn salad, lobster with garlic & black pepper and good fishcakes. The view isn't much at night obviously but it would be great for lunch!

I hope this helps!

Edited: 08 March 2014, 09:14
8. Re: Eratap Resort for Dinner??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2015, 06:21