We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shop opening hours

Port Lincoln
Level Contributor
173 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Shop opening hours

Hi everyone, we will be in Port Villa for a couple of days after spending some time on Santo, and have just realised we arrive on a Saturday at 12.20pm - could someone please advise if shops are open for purchases of souvenirs and duty free.

Many thanks

Australia
Destination Expert
for Port Vila, Vanuatu
Level Contributor
2,369 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shop opening hours

Yes, the chinese shops over the road from the fruit markets will be open for souvenirs til 4-ish and some duty free shops will be open too. If worse comes to worse and you run out of time just buy duty free at the airport as you leave.

Edited: 17 March 2014, 08:28
Port Lincoln
Level Contributor
173 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shop opening hours

Thanks PeaceandLight for your response - on our last trip I saw the most amazing carved wooden poles which I kicked myself for not buying last time - they were in a market type environment on the Main Street from memory with many other handmade items - I ended up changing our flights just so we would be in Pt Vila during business hours as I will be returning with one or several of these this time!

Port Vila, Vanuatu
Level Contributor
244 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shop opening hours

The wooden Tam Tams are available in the Mamas Market near Nambawan Cafe. It should still be open when you arrive - if there is a cruise in it will definitely be open

Port Lincoln
Level Contributor
173 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shop opening hours

Thanks Albiville4 that is exactly what I'm looking for a Tam Tam (hope these are easy to get back to Australia though?)

Australia
Destination Expert
for Port Vila, Vanuatu
Level Contributor
2,369 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shop opening hours

Best place for Tam Tams is Cafe Des Artes on the hill heading up the main road toward Au Bon Marche Numbatu. They get them straight from family on Ambrym Island. If you are staying a few days in PV its well worth a visit.

Port Lincoln
Level Contributor
173 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shop opening hours

Cheers PeaceandLight - will check it out

7. Re: Shop opening hours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2015, 04:27