We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Justice Of The Peace

Which Port Vila hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
74 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Justice Of The Peace

Any such beast in Port Vila?????

vanuatu
Level Contributor
320 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Justice Of The Peace

Hi

Not really a part of Vanuatu culture, the Chiefs in their own way seem to perform similar duties, ie Signatures for business between adjoining villages.

The Ni-van people make up there own mind who they trust or not amongst the Expat community.

All Expats are generally cleanskins as a Police criminal record check is a basic requirement for residency anyway.

Maybe a few amongst them that have brought the title from elsewhere but not particularly recognised.

I maybe wrong ???

Cheers

Australia
Destination Expert
for Port Vila, Vanuatu
Level Contributor
2,343 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Justice Of The Peace

No they have the French system in Vanuatu and use a Notary Public. All banks have them and they charge you (unlike the JP system in AU).

cheers

vanuatu
Level Contributor
320 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Justice Of The Peace

Hi

There you go. Got that one wrong, I spose I never needed or heard of anyone else needing one.

I don't think too many Ni-vans would know either.

Cheers

Australia
Destination Expert
for Port Vila, Vanuatu
Level Contributor
2,343 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Justice Of The Peace

No you were right Vilaexpat….Chiefs do village deals.

But if you just want witness to a signature on a document or something like that the banks will sort you with a notary.

Edited: 25 June 2014, 09:34
5. Re: Justice Of The Peace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2015, 05:17