We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Port Villa: To Do List

Which Port Vila hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wollongong...
5 posts
Save Topic
Port Villa: To Do List

Hello,

My partner and I are going to Vanuatu in two weeks, staying at Port Villa for 3 days before travelling to Santo and Tanna. Would anyone be able to tell us some exciting things to do whilst in Villa thats cheaper on the budget?

Thanks

Wollongong...
5 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Port Villa: To Do List

Lin and Les: We got reef shoes from Beach Street. They are also available online at Surf Stitch for $30/each it takes 2 days to arrive and its free delivery on $50+

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
55 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Port Villa: To Do List

we got a taxi from the main street of Port Vila to the Cascades - the driver waited about an hour and a half for us to return and then took us back into town (we could have gone to the resort but wanted to do some shopping) for 6000vt about $60 Australian. The taxi driver was great and im sure we could have bargained him down if we wanted to - we ended up giving him 10,000 vt beacuse i wanted to give him an his family a bit extra

Mackay, Australia
Level Contributor
60 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Port Villa: To Do List

When I say short ferry ride to hideaway, it is a tinny and takes less than 5 minutes. The beach bar has yummy food, and be sure to ask to see the lizards

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Port Villa: To Do List

Do find a Nakamal to try some fresh kava & mix with the locals. Jump in a bus & go to Sofie Nakamal in the afternoon. Sorry i dont have a lot more to add as i rate that pretty high…i do love my kava. There are Nakamals everywhere in PV, your welcome in them all.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
441 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Port Villa: To Do List

Hi,

We hired a car for a week & drove ourselves around. Very easy to navigate & we could go where we wanted. We drove around the island a couple of times. Blue Lagoon is a beautiful, fun place to visit. Up the road is Eton beach with crystal clear waters - great for snorkling. A small entrance fee is charged for each of these. My hubby & 13 year old son said they had a great time with "off-road buggies". They said the 2 hour tour was enough. Just be prepared to get muddy!

Hopefully your days that you are in Port Vila are cruise ship free days. Especially if visiting Cascade Waterfalls, if there is a cruise ship in, it can get quite crowded. We went here early in the morning & practically had the place to ourselves. (non cruise ship day)

Have fun,

Karen

Auckland Region...
Level Contributor
875 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Port Villa: To Do List

Heres stuff not mentioned

1) the zip lining is HUGE fun.

2)if tight for time the snorkling on the back of iririki is not bad.

3)you can rent a quad bike and its legal to ride them on the road

4)an hour ride on the Zego--on the seawal-l is really great fun and a good way to see vila from sea

5)post a postcard from the underwater post office

we will be there in october again--can't wait

17. Re: Port Villa: To Do List

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2015, 05:15