We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transit visa

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
19 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Transit visa

Is anyone familiar with the transit visa?

Planning to arrive frid night. Will AirAsia from KL allow me to board the flight if applying on arrival, i can show an outbound flight early next morning

I'm soon in Myanmar atm on a tourist visa. My flight Back to Europe (with transit in China) can't be changed. I need to fly from KUala Limpur back to Myanmar to check in for my Other flight (different airline, hence leave transit for 30 mins). It is unclear what if any visa arrangement is needed for this transit?.

Thanks for any guidance!

12 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,648 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transit visa

Which country is your passport? Transit visa costs $20?

Yes you could have a problem with Air Asia letting you board.

You only have 30 minutes to catch your other flight?

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
17,490 posts
404 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transit visa

See this

"Ordinary passport holders from the following countries are giving visa exemption "

"vietnam"

and as a last resort

mip.gov.mm/wp-content/…TransitVisa.pdf

SS

Ps you will never make your ongoing flight take an earlier one from KL

Edited: 30 May 2017, 17:45
Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
19 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transit visa

Thanks, very helpful.i do have an (used) VISA approval letter so Will show airasia that one. I cant Find the requirements for the transit visa; does anyone know?.

Actually we are arriving around 8 Pm, leaving next morning 6 AM so i guess we have plenty of time:-). 30 mins is more to Go OUT of the transit zone to drop our bags and check in for next flight. We have a dutch passporr btw .

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,648 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transit visa

So what are you going to do between 8pm and 4am?

Just read this: Only these countries can obtain transit visa: Australia France Japan Norway Switzerland Vietnam Brunei Germany Korea Philippines Taiwan Cambodia India Laos Singapore Thailand China Indonesia Malaysia Spain United Kingdom Denmark Italy New Zealand Sweden United States of America

That was from 2012 so may have changed but transit visa info. difficult to come by.

Requirements: "TRANSIT VISA US$ 20 24 hours

2 photo's

return ticket out of there within a 24 hour

passport expiry longer than 6 months

then it say's download the form

apply for Visa On Arrival at Airport Immigration Section obtaining the application form either from the airlines in Myanmar or the following website www.mip.gov.mm of the Ministry of Immigration and Population. "

The safest thing is to get a new visa but will cost $50.

As you are transferring to different airline I think you will have to go out through immigration and back in again. I looked on a visa website and for Netherlands it's says you need a visa, transit visa not available. Do you have any hold luggage?

Edited: 31 May 2017, 11:01
Greater Sydney...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Transit visa

Hi im planning to arrive in Yangon at 0040hrs from PhnomPenh on an Emirates flight and my Air asia flight

Leaves Yangon for KL at 0830 am and i will connect to another Air Asia flight going to Sydney at 2330 Local

Time in Malaysia, do i need a transit visa to pass immigration to check in at Air Asia counters to obtain a

Boarding pass as my bag will be with me all the time.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
17,490 posts
404 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transit visa

Yes, as you are going airside to collect your luggage and check-in for your next flight.

SS

7. Re: Transit visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 December 2017, 22:35

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,648 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transit visa

How can you do transit at a land border? Transit is between flights. Why not just do evisa, it's $50 and you will get it probably within 1 day. How much will it cost sending someone to Bangkok for it?

Edited: 04 December 2017, 20:24
9. Re: Transit visa

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

10. Re: Transit visa

Reply to: Transit visa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted