We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to Travel from Bali into Myanmar?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to Travel from Bali into Myanmar?

Hi all,

I am wondering what the best way to travel from Bali (Denpasar) into Myanmar (anywhere, but probably Yangon) would be? Flight? Bus? I don't know if there are any busses/trains etc but just wondering what options I have!

Thanks,

Georgia.

15 replies to this topic
Den Haag
Level Contributor
2,211 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to Travel from Bali into Myanmar?

Unless you have a lot of time then fly, after all Bali is quite a distance if you want to ship or sail. Fly to DMK with airasia and then one cheap flight to Yangon or Mandalay with air asia or Ygn with Nok air.

The train is possible from Bangkok to the border, but the Death railway end a bit before you reach Burma. The war put an end to it.

Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to Travel from Bali into Myanmar?

A bus from where? Bali is an island.

How about Air Asia, flight from Bali to Kuala Lumpur then change for Yangon. Air Asia's flights are generally incredibly cheap.

Edited: 19 October 2017, 18:03
Beachmere, Australia
Destination Expert
for Ubud
Level Contributor
2,589 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to Travel from Bali into Myanmar?

Agree with Martin above - Air Asia out of Denpasar into Kuala Lumpur, bit of a layover, then Air Asia into Yangon. Less than $200 return.

Greater Perth...
Level Contributor
39 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to Travel from Bali into Myanmar?

Bali - Singapore - Yangon

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,648 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way to Travel from Bali into Myanmar?

I would fly to Bangkok then you have many options, fly to Yangon, Mandalay or go across land border in Thailand, nearest post is near Kanchanaburi which is about 2-3 hours by bur/train from Bangkok. Or you can fly/bus to Mae Sot and cross border there. Note you will need a visa before going to the border.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,648 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best way to Travel from Bali into Myanmar?

Having checked the flight prices flying via KL seems a cheaper option than via Bangkok.

Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best way to Travel from Bali into Myanmar?

1. Bali to Bangkok then Bangkok to Yangon by AirAsia flihhys, cheap and best option

puerto princesa
Level Contributor
6,731 posts
431 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best way to Travel from Bali into Myanmar?

Probably the cheapest way would be to take Airasia via KL to Yangon as there are some great promos if you book early.

www.airasia.com

We took the flight from KL to Yangon last year, think it took 3 hours. There are certainly no direct buses and if you did bus hop it would take maybe 4-5 days and cost more than flying once you bought your meals and overnight in hotels

Myanmar
Level Contributor
475 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best way to Travel from Bali into Myanmar?

Optionally, fly with MAI or Malaysia Airline if you think risky flying in Air Asia. Heard emergency landing of Air Asia's Perth to Bali flight recently.

news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/incidents/…

Ipoh, Malaysia
Level Contributor
69 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best way to Travel from Bali into Myanmar?

there are more flights between bali and Kuala lumpur i believe. With Airasia or MAS, a transit at KL can be quite short. Airasia frequency is higher, that should be better.

Reply to: Best way to Travel from Bali into Myanmar?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted