We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What kind of luggage to take

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
19 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
What kind of luggage to take

I will be travelling to Myanmar in July this year. What kind of luggage have people taken that have already been there? We will be travelling quite a bit within country and am not sure about the wife taking the normal suitcase with wheels. Is this impractical in Myanmar? I am planning on taking my large backpack for our 2 week stay. What have others taken when going on more than a week trip? Is it best to take a week's worth of clothes then wash there?

Sanford, Florida
Level Contributor
147 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What kind of luggage to take

I took one small, wheeled carry-on for a two-week trip. Nothing impractical about it. The weather was hot enough in March that I didn't bring very bulky clothes and had plenty of room to take what I needed. I think I washed a few things out in a hotel sink one night.

Montgomery, Alabama
Level Contributor
134 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What kind of luggage to take

My wife and I carry a small backpack each and a small (20 in.) wheeled carry on suitcase each. The wheeled suitcases do not present a problem. If you need you can usually have laundry done in one day at a very reasonable cost.

3. Re: What kind of luggage to take

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10 April 2010, 06:57
Yangon, Myanmar
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon)
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What kind of luggage to take

July is our rainy season and you are going to meet heavy rain. Something suitable for it is much better.

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What kind of luggage to take

What kkym says is obviously sensible. Some of us seem to make recommendations based on our own visits, which might happen to be at the end of a particular weather season.

Me and the Mrs were in Myanmar for 3 weeks in February.

I'm going to write a trip report, but will leave it until August or September, when people are planning their trips for the December-February period.

6. Re: What kind of luggage to take

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2010, 07:16