We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Myanmar On arrival Visa requirments

yangon
Destination Expert
for Bagan
Level Contributor
557 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
New Myanmar On arrival Visa requirments

The positive outcome of Myanmar tourism , the real Visa on Arrival system is starting from 1st May 2010.

Myanmar immigration , tourist department and airlines confirmed that the new on arrival VISA will be issue for all foreigners both entry of Yangon and Mandalay international airports.

1.Tourists Visa ( 28 Days ) 30 USD

2.Business Visa ( 70 Days ) 40 USD

3.Transit Visa ( 24 hours ) 18 USD

The attention and applications are,

1.All passengers with valid passports will be granting ,except listed on Myanmar Immigration " Black List ".

2.Passports validity must be at least 6 months during staying in Myanmar.

3.2 recent passport photos ( Size 4 cm X 6 cm )

4.The exact address of hotel , guest house to stay.

5.Return ticket

6.Single traveler must hold minimum 300 USD and for Family 600 USD as show money.

7.Child under age of 7 traveling with passport together with

parent is exempted from Visa fee (FOC).

The application forms can be inquire at airline counters ,flight on board and Yangon and Mandalay airport.

One Bagan Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Grasshopper Adventures
Bike Tours, Private Tours, Cultural Tours, Food Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Yangon Urban Adventures
Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours
yangon
Destination Expert
for Bagan
Level Contributor
557 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: New Myanmar On arrival Visa requirments

A breaking new launch from authorities, VOA ( on arrival visa ) will be suspended from September 1st 2010. The period of closure seem until the end of November.

So the entry VISA can be apply as the ordinary way to the nearest Myanmar Embassy ( OR ) contact minimum one month ahead via any of local travel agency helps.

The embassy information can visit;

mofa.gov.mm/myanmarmissions/indexmyanmarmiss…

http://mm.embassyinformation.com/index.php

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,106 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: New Myanmar On arrival Visa requirments

What authorities? A travel agent in Myanmar just told me that nothing will be changed during the elections, that she has contacted the main tourist bureau, and said I will be able to get the VOA, so what gives?

Yangon, Myanmar
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon)
Level Contributor
1,084 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: New Myanmar On arrival Visa requirments

We all are working in this business and providing information as a volunteer. Nobody will post a useless one without getting any benefit. You may notice that it is how important for the travel agents. Especially the one who has booking in the September. If it is something wrong the cancellation fees from the hotels are awaiting.

Hopefully the result will be clear in the next week.

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,106 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: New Myanmar On arrival Visa requirments

What on earth are you saying?

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
798 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: New Myanmar On arrival Visa requirments

When exactly is your trip Maneki?

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,106 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: New Myanmar On arrival Visa requirments

Not unitl the end of December. I'm not worried, but people are getting mixed reports about the situation due to the elections. The lady at Wazo just reassured me, thus my post #12. I will check back with her a few weeks before my departure, and if need be, get the visa in advance.

What have you been hearing?

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
798 posts
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: New Myanmar On arrival Visa requirments

I think we'll certainly know more to tomorrow, we only heard this news Friday so trying to gather any concrete confirmation over the weekend is pretty fruitless.

KKYM & SawYangon, both reliable & knowledgeable locals have posted that there will a temporary withdrawal of the VOA around the election time, that's certainly the conjecture I've heard, I'm a little surprised that if it is the case that it's happened so early.

From a previous post I did say that there didn't look like there'll be too many restrictions, if any around the tourists areas, I certainly haven't heard anything about that changing.

Let's not forget, there's still many people who already have their visas in hand for an up & coming trip & embassies are still issuing visas at the moment. I've spoken to two people from both sides of the pond in the past 3days & both have been issued visas with no dramas & you can still contact an agent here to pre-arrange one for you so you can pick it up on arrival.

Myanmar is certainly going to be centre stage as far as media attention is concerned during the coming months, especially Novemeber & guaranteed that reporters are going to come knocking the door down, & guaranteed that there will be measures taken to stop them . Not only is there going to be the election, a week after is the supposed release of Aung San Suu Kyi............

Edited: 22 August 2010, 04:09
Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
16,106 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: New Myanmar On arrival Visa requirments

Thanks for the in-depth report. :-)

A lot of us around the world will be extremely interested in the outcome of not the elections (those are pretty much rigged, no?) but the release of Aung San Syuu Kyi.

Elmhurst, Illinois
Level Contributor
889 posts
531 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: New Myanmar On arrival Visa requirments

My husband and I are scheduled to travel to Myanmar on October 10 for 10 days. We have already purchased international flights as well as made a deposit to a local travel agent in Yangon.

Should we be concerned? To tell you the truth, we have been planning this part of our Southeast Asia trip for over a year and did not know elections were been held in November.

We are traveling privately with a driver and a guide in each city and flying between cities

Do you believe their will be problems in the streets or major incidents?

Feedback appreciated!

Edited: 29 August 2010, 02:41
yangon
Destination Expert
for Bagan
Level Contributor
557 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: New Myanmar On arrival Visa requirments

It's a hard question to expect , but my experienced of 22 years in all crisis of Burma , tourists never met problems inside country. Here in , the people are friendly and helpful.

Comparing , to the political problems in region , Burma might be a safe destination on my own experienced.

Everything here is quite cool and flash season to visit.