We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 Days in Myanmar

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Topic
10 Days in Myanmar

I and my friends, 15 guys, want to travel to Myanmar 10 days in Sep 2010. But I dont know much about Myanmar. Any one can advise?

Yangon, Myanmar
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon)
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 Days in Myanmar

There are 3 major destinations apart from Yangon. You better mention more detail about your travel.

Cali
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 Days in Myanmar

Hi There

I have just returned from myanmar. It is a wonderful country and you can get visa on arrival from 1 May 2010.

You can reach yangoon from Hanoi or BKK.

The most visited palces : Yangoon-Golden Rock-Bagan-Mandalay-Inle lake - Rangoon.

It is the pefect route for 10 day tour. I find this site has a lot of inspiration option www.luxurymyanmartravel.com

airtrainandplane
Level Contributor
738 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 10 Days in Myanmar

We hope to see a few replies to this post as we too are clueless on Myanmar and looking to visit soon. An idea of where to go, how long to visit and means of transpotation would be very welcome. TA.

yangon
Level Contributor
172 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 10 Days in Myanmar

Hello, Bjorn_fransson.

Greetings from Myanmar/ what is exactly would you like to know about myanmar how can we advise you? , your question means alot . dont know how to recommend your travel here, Yes you should mention more detailed about your trip here, like tour program and flight, transportation, the places to visit.

for maxthewax, there are major destinations you should visit here, like Yangon, inle lake and around ,Mandalay and its surroundings , Bagan.and its surroundings. for transportation it depends on how you would make your trip here.

stay healthy

Thank you

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 10 Days in Myanmar

Hi,

I am sorry for late replying, because I was on the sea.

Thanks you all. Any good travel agent in Myanmar I should contact. My friend said there are not many agent in Myanmar, is it right? I am looking for a trustful agent. I dont want to risk. I want every things is pre-booked and well arranged.

Thanks, Bjorn

yangon
Level Contributor
172 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 10 Days in Myanmar

Hi,Bjorn

Actually there many travel agent here. Among them i prefer Shan yoma travel and tours. http://www.exploremyanmar.com/ I had done with them for the past two month, it is really recommended.

thank you

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 10 Days in Myanmar

Hi Hans,

Thanks for your information.

We are too busy and have many work to do these days.

I hope to get the best support from them.

We are looking to have a good journey to get back the health after many days hard working.

Bjorn

Ps: I cannot open the web- it seems under construction

Edited: 31 August 2010, 04:31
yangon
Destination Expert
for Bagan
Level Contributor
550 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 10 Days in Myanmar

Myanmar , Between India and China , stand for her own culture , language and 100 years of background history . 55 millions population and well known for it's friendly people. Northern Ice capped Himalaya , Bagan plain to the southern Andaman coast favor as a perfect destination for tourists.

The hot destinations for traveler's are ,

- Yangon City , the gate way of Myanmar and world famous golden pagoda of Shwedagon and other attractions ( 1,2 day )

- Bagan an archaeology site of 1000 years history and amazing dotted temples on dry plain ( 2, day )

- Mandalay the last king's capital , for cultural , arts , monuments ( 2,3 day )

- Inlay lake ( 900 m above sea level ) the most beautiful place for relax , ways of life , tribe ( 1 , 2 day )

Happy trail.

airtrainandplane
Level Contributor
738 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 10 Days in Myanmar

TA,

more research required by ourselves.

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
796 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: 10 Days in Myanmar

A vague outline of your interests Max could spark a few responses..ie, trekking, off the beaten track, river trips, taking an independent trip or using a guide/agent etc?