We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amount of cash.

Istanbul
Level Contributor
57 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Amount of cash.

Hello everybody,

What is the maximum limit of cash to carry legally to Myanmar custom.

Is that true that no limit but the amount will be declared.

Thanks for explanatory advices.

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
796 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Amount of cash.

The less said the better, I've never seen a foreigner get searched at customs so I wouldn't worry too much. I can't say I've ever heard of anyone I know declaring anything unless it's something blatantly obvious like a cinematic TV:-)

Yangon, Myanmar
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon)
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Amount of cash.

There is no limitation. But if it is more than US$ 2000, you need to declare it. It's too complicated. You need to write down all detail including the number of bill. So nobody declare. As mentioned above the customs never check. Just give the custom form and leave. That's it.

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
796 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Amount of cash.

Some tourists declare cash, some don't, it's really your call, if you're bringing a substantial amount into the country then it may pay you to play it safe & sign the declaration, it won't do you any harm, albeit maybe a little time consuming.

Istanbul
Level Contributor
57 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amount of cash.

Many thanks for the clarifications dear friends.

5. Re: Amount of cash.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2011, 05:18