We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa

warwickshire
Level Contributor
404 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Visa

I have been sent my Visa form and though I don't need to send it away just yet I have been looking at the requirements.

One of the questions asks for "place of issue" with regards to my passport. I can't find this info anywhere in my passport. I'm sure old passports used to state where they were issued. How have others dealt with this? Or is UK the answer?

Is it worth paying out the extra for help with visa's or is it really that simple to do yourself ....correctly of course.... which judging by the fact I can't even answer a simple question like the above I'm beginning to think I do need help!

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
15,524 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa

Place of issue is UKPA (it used to be Peterborough/Liverpool etc)

Put your first hotel as contact address in Myanmar or the tour agency in Yangon if you have arranged things through them.If you are a TV personaity or a journalist then put Accountant as your occupation.

My recommendation is to send an sae to the Embassy for the Visa forms.

When you are ready (say 6 weeks before departure) send off your forms with two photos and a postal order for £14 each and a correctly stamped (and weighed) strong sae for their return.

I have always sent them recorded delivery and enclosed a recorded delivery envelope for return. Reports recently say they are returning passports fairly quickly -10/14 days.

Don't be afraid of asking questions here or by pm - we have all been there!

Or you could have an cheap away day on the Chiltern flyer and drop off your application at the Embassy, and have some lunch/sightseeing/shopping in the smoke.

Edited: 12 April 2011, 17:39
warwickshire
Level Contributor
404 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa

Thanks silverswimmer you are always so helpful.

The advice I have been given by my travel company is as you say but I do need to clarify a few things;

Is it just one form per person ( I have seen some advice saying 2 forms) My travel company have e.mailed the form to me.

If I post, it is advised to enclose a further sum to cover Royal Mail Special Delivery so that the Embassy can post them back to us securely and to call them beforehand to ascertain what this will be closer to the time ( Now don't laugh ....but we are not going till next Feb!! I like to do my research!!! Its 45 weeks to go and I'm counting!!)

Now I have read on here that actually contacting them is easier said than done so that worries me somewhat.

It might be a good idea to send our confirmation invoice just incase proof of trip is needed but generally this is not required. So, do we or don't we and is it payment details or the whole itinerary that shows flights hotels etc?

Needless to say who knows if it will all change by the time I do have to apply!!

The Chiltern flyer? I shall have to look into that!

australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa

I just did three visas in australia pretty painless rang the embassy in australia as there website did not seem to work and they sent me the forms very easey to fill out included our passports plus 35dollars and a registed stamped address enevolope to send back and back in fourteen days thanks

Warks.England
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,524 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa

I agree contacting the London Embassy is a nightmare -phones are busy and emails not replied but they are very helpful and friendly in person.It is one form per person. and sending a copy itinerary is fine but when I have produced one on personal visits(via the Chiltern Flyer) I was given it back being told it was not necessary.

I think special delivery is probably unnecessary as Recorded Delivery has a £500 cover.I pre stamp my return envelope and with the Recorded Delivery stickers already completed

I am convinced that holiday planning is just as much fun as the trip itself.

Mount Gambier...
Level Contributor
1,828 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa

Can someone provide me with details re the Australian process? I have tried to phone what I believe is the Embassy in Canberra but they are not answering their phone!

Thanks in advance

Warks.England
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
15,524 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa

Why not try a pm to duco (post 3)?

Edited: 20 April 2011, 18:47
Sydney
Level Contributor
40 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa

Hi MJReet

The new website for Myanmar Embassy in Canberra Aust. is as below:-

www.myanmarembassycanberra.info/

Follow Visa Information link and download forms, then ring Embassy if more info required.

Not sure when you rang them. Embassy is closed from 12th April to 21st April (Gazetted Myanmar Thingyan & New Year holidays). Then again will be closed from 22nd April to 26th April (Easter & Anzac Holidays). They should be back on deck on 27th April but expect delays for back-log applications.. Best wishes for your trip.

8. Re: Visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 15:17