We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Myanmar visa in Singapore

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
600 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Myanmar visa in Singapore

Does anyone have experience getting a visa for Myanmar in Singapore? How long did it take and what was the cost? Thank you!

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
71 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Myanmar visa in Singapore

The last time I know (early Feb 2011) it took 3 working days ie give the 3 filled forms and S$35, on a monday early morning and collect on thursday afternoon after 3pm. You can download the forms from the internet.

There is only 1 old man Mr Lau doing all the checking to see that all is correctly filled else you have to go and redo/filled all the blanks Make sure you paste your photo on to the forms. Please fill in your hotel name , just the 1st one will do.I usually put the Yangon one , uncertain of hotel put the one you see in the guide books don't leave it empty. Please go early as usually there is a long line ( only 1 counter -Mr Lau !) He shuts promptly at noon even though there is still a queue !

There are some travel agents in Peninsula Plaza that will do this service for a fee S$10-20 .My sister had 1 T.agent in front of her bringing 15 passports for the visas thus the long wait ! But that was peak season Oct-Feb. Still an early start would be wise, 9am.at St Martin's Drive.

We'll be going again this Dec ! Pm me if you need help as I'm now doing research for Barcelona trip.

Mingalarbar ! .

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Myanmar visa in Singapore

I did the process in March and again about 3 weeks ago. Similar experience to the above poster - i.e. a long, long queue and wait (each application takes 5-7 minutes on average).

One particular point to note is that visas issued in Singapore are usually meant for residents or EP holders. On the last visit I took a friend who was passing through on a trip of the region. Mr Lau sent her away saying she had to obtain permission from her home country.

One last thing - don't think you can turn up without all the relevant documents. One missing thing and you will be sent away, no explanation, no special circumstances. A chap in front of me was sent away for not having a business card with him, having waited for over 2 hours.

good luck

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
600 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Myanmar visa in Singapore

What documents are required? What kind of business card did the person in front of you need to have had? Also, sorry I don't know what EP holder is. Can you please explain? My son will be in Singapore for a 2 month internship. Do you think that suffices as he will be a temporary resident. Thanks so much!

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Myanmar visa in Singapore

OK, I will try to answer your questions in order:

documents required:

1. completed tourist application form

2. photocopy of passport page with photo

3. 2x recent passport photos

4. a valid passport (obviously)

5. To answer your question regarding business cards, if you do not have gainful employment in Singapore (in the case of your son) he may obtain a letter from his sponsor saying that he is on a 2 month internship in Singapore (stamped and signed if possible.) This should suffice. He will also need a copy of his entry visa (presumably he will have a STSV or short term visa). EP is an employment pass - its what all working foreigners get when they live and work in Singapore.

It might be worth checking with your local embassy before he travels to establish what type of Singapore visa he will be on when he enters Singapore.

Yangon (Rangoon...
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Myanmar visa in Singapore

It's take 3 working days & S$ 35. Have a nice trip to myanmar Burma.

Singapore, null...
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Myanmar visa in Singapore

Hi....can you let me know which agency in Peninsula that do so.....pls n thanks

Singapore
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Myanmar visa in Singapore

I am working in Singapore for 1 year on an oil and gas project and as such have not entered Singapore as a tourist. My wife is with me and we are going to visit Myanmar. I have a Singapore EP (employment pass) and my wife has Singapore DP (dependants pass).

We downloaded tourist visa form from the Myanmar Embassy web site.

We completed the tourist visa form and attached a passport photo.

Included passports, a photocopies of the photo page of our passports, Both sides of our EP and DP, 2 additional passport photos each and my buisness card.

My wife took this along to the embassy and arrived at 9.05 Monday morning. There were a mass of people but they did not all want tourist visa's. There was a ticket machine to give you a place in line.

Her ticket was 515 and 504 was already at the desk being processed. It looked like some people are not in this process so must have been there on other buisiness.

At 10.20 it was her turn to go to the desk, handed the form and paid S$35 each with the applications and was told to come back the following day at 4.00 to collect the passports with the visa

It was quite straight forward, but only because we had Singapore registrations, If we had been tourists in transit from the UK we would have had to obtain the visa's in the UK before we set off.

Also having read up before starting the procees expected to wait for up to 3 days for the passports and visa's to be ready for collection. I can only assume that perhaps there are not as many applications going in at the moment.

Hope this helps anybody going through the same process

8. Re: Myanmar visa in Singapore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 24 September 2012, 08:05
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1 post
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Myanmar visa in Singapore

Dear ECT Singapore,

can you advise which travel agent in Peninsula that can help do this service? Do you have their contact?Thank you.

3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Myanmar visa in Singapore

Hi i apply myanmar visa here in sg but then when i come in the embassy they ask me so many question i am a burmese 33 yr old but im australian citizen anyway they give me alot form to fill up about my relatives in burma some of them i cant remember name then i just recently renew my australian passport so they ask my old passport so i show them because they want to see my old visa it was like 12 yrs ago then it didnt give me approved my visa i couldnt understand why so diffucult to apply visa here at sg i really want go back to my country but they wont let me i show them all the proofs but still didnt give me visa can anyone help me thank you